“Very clean comfortable room excellent service”

The Inn On The River
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Very clean comfortable room excellent service”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We bought our room off groupon and were very pleased with how comfortable and clean the room and whole property were. Have to comment on how pleased I was to find that the outside guest areas (balcony on our room and outdoor breakfast patio) were completely free of spider webs and dirt. Beds were super comfortable, balcony had a nice view over the river and Pigeon Forge, pool was large enough that several children could play without getting in each other's way (there are two pools, inside and out and a hot-tub). Breakfast was good, usual hotel fare, but it was hot and fresh and a good variety of food. Staff was very accomodating with directions and area info. Lobby was clean and really quite comfortable and homey.

Overall, excellent hotel and we would have no problem staying there again. I can't stress how clean it was, and I would have no problem staying again.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room on the river side of the hotel. Hotel is not really within walking distance of ma...
1 Thank jitterbugperfume

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Arabic first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the inn on the river .we had a room overlooking the river which was nice we sat out most mornings and had a coffee on the balcony.rooms very clean and beds very comfortable.breakfast was good every morning plenty of choice and the coffee is lovely and free.staff very freindly always made you feel welcome no matter what time day or night they were always there to help.we were in and out alot sightseeing etc.the inn on the river is close to many attractions and there is a trolley stop right outside for the places that are a litlle further.all in all a very pleasant stay here and would definately stay here again and would reccomend to freinds and family.we travelled from uk

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had wonderful stay at Inn On The River. I made reservations through one of the online reservation companies and was totally lied to. When we conveyed what had been promised to us, the desk staff did their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Of course they could not magically create the things we had been promised but for a small charge they really did all they could for us. This place is very clean and I can't say enough about the staff.
The location is perfect! Walking distance to alot of restaurants and short drive to outlet mall.
We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking river are very relaxing and peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review!
Chicago
Reviewed 31 March 2012

It was so good that I wish we had longer to stay. Will definately consider this place again if we ever pass through in the future.

Room Tip: I got it on Groupon so it was chosen for us...but it was excellant
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review!
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband, adult children, grandchildren, and friends stayed at the The Inn on the River during March 2012. While we were there, we all became sick. The care that Rebecka and Bridgette offered to us was beyond typical employee duties. The Inn was clean, breakfast was great, and the staff was phenomenal! We will be staying with the folks at The Inn on the River again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
We are pleased everyone enjoyed their stay and look forward to your next stay with us!
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We actually stayed here with a groupon and were expecting middle of the road type of room, but we were pleasantly surprised. Rooms are clean and the staff is great, especially AJ, he actually got more blankets and sheets so my 3 year old could build a tent/fort in the room and when my 13 year old daughter questioned them about the hot chocolate they mention in the brochures AJ found some and even helped make it. Great time, indoor pool is awesome too.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jernigan42
Thank you for your comments! We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had been looking into hotels in the Smokies for a couple weeks. I had decided on one until I saw the Groupon deal for The Inn on The river. I had never used it before so I called the hotel and spoke with AJ. I wanted to find out how it worked and some more info on the deal which included two night stay in double queen with balcony and two tickets to the Ripleys Aquarium. AJ honored the discount and I made our reservation.
As the time got closer we decided to leave a night early because I was able to get off work. I decided it would be easier if we didn't have to switch hotels so I made a reservation online for a single queen parkside (the cheapest room available) then we would just switch rooms the next night. Upon arrival, we went to check in and were immediately impressed by how clean and modern everything in the lobby was. When we got to the desk we were helped by Bridgett. She saw that our reservations were for different rooms and I explained why. She said "let me talk to my manager" and was gone for a few moments. She came back and told us that she was upgrading us to the same room we were going to be in for no additional price. We were SO pleased and made our way to our room to see how nice it was.
When we arrived in the room we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very neat and clean and the bathroom was larger than most other hotel rooms I had stayed in before. The view from the balcony was great! Ducks and geese were out on the river everyday and the sound of the river was great in the mornings. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows weren't flat like most hotels. The toiletries they used were all bath and body which didn't make much difference to me but my girlfriend LOVED it!
We were so impressed and having such a good time we decided to stay an extra night. We went down one evening to see if we could reserve the same room for another night. Cliff was at the desk and he was very helpful. He was able to move some things around and get us the same room. I handed him my card expecting to pay full price but he had given me a reduced rate since we were there for 5 days.
Now that I have said all the great things, I will say the few bad things that we experienced. The pool facility was nice but in need of some repairs. It could use a fresh coat of paint around the hot tub and the area around the pool. The pool was also a little cold but it was still nice in size and cleanliness. I was also disappointed SLIGHTLY in the breakfast. It was good food and fresh don't get me wrong but the omlet bar wasn't there. I don't know if it was a weekend only thing because we stayed monday through friday. Those are my only complaints and as you can see so that is how awesome the stay was.
They also give you coupons for four different restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We went to two of them and they were both great! This was by far the best stay I have ever had! I will ALWAYS come back to The Inn On The River.

Room Tip: The river side rooms are certainly worth the little extra money.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trav_3897
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!