“Best Vacation Ever...Definitely Going Back!!!”
Check Availability
Second floor Den
Loft View
Dining Room
Elevator
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
michys
Cooper City, Florida
“Best Vacation Ever...Definitely Going Back!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

The cabin itself was EXCELLENT!!!! It was exactly as described in the pictures. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it lacked privacy and there were no internal stairs. The cabin is located in Sherwood Forest Resort and the cabins are very close to each other. I could (and did) stand on the porch/patio and have conversations with the group staying in the cabin next to us...they were very friendly :) But the lack of privacy was worth the trade off as the location was very convenient to everything. It was a relatively quick drive to the water/amusement park, horseback riding, ATVs, rafting, zipines, and other tourist attactions. The cabin has an elevator which was GREAT for bringing in the luggage, going from the 1st to the 4th level, and for after being super tired from a long day of activities, but it would have been nice to have internal stairs for those occasions when you didn't want to wait for the elevator or when someone forgot to close the door and the elevator wouldn't come when called. Another AMESOME feature was the intercom system. It was perfect for calling everyone to the main level and for reminding everyone to close the elevator door. We had a group of 19 people ranging in age from 4 months to 49 years old and the cabin had more than enough space for all of us. No one felt crowded and there was always somewhere to go if you wanted a quiet moment to yourself. We stayed at the cabin for 5 nights and no one wanted to leave. Because we were outside the cabin so much doing different activities we didn't have time to enjoy the cabin and all its amenties. Next time we are going to stay at least 7 nights. The cabin has a movie theatre and game room which were also GREAT. The cabin is more expensive than others that stayed, but in the end you get what you pay. It was well worth the money. The owners were also SUPER!!! They were very responsive to all our needs. Again, although I didn't rate it a 5, I would and have recommended this cabin to friends and my family is already looking forward to coming back again next year for a longer stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Louisiana
Reviewed February 11, 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
JustJen32...
Indiana
“The Bashful Bear is exactly as advertised!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed at the Bashful Bear from Jan 2-7th. And I don't overly much want to review the cabin itself, because it looks exactly like the photos of it, and it is in spectacular shape. I can tell you that the Bear is EXACTLY what is advertised on their website. I DO want to review Patti, Earl, and Jana (their lead housekeeper.) Our group was varied from 11-13. 8 'kids' (age 16-21) and 3-5 adults. The 'kids' LOVED the upstairs game room, and the media room in the basement (they even played their Xbox on it!)

Prior to booking, I looked at probably every cabin large enough in all the Smokies. We had actually booked another one, but I absolutely HATED dealing with the rental agents for them. They couldn't answer questions, were brusque, short, and unhelpful. When the other rental agency called to cancel our booking (due to the property selling) we wound up dealing with Patti, and then Earl. I cannot, CANNOT possibly extol the virtues of these two. They patiently answered my million questions, were incredibly helpful, friendly, and polite. I would do business with them again in a heartbeat.

My husband is a home dialysis patient, and travel always has a few extra layers of complications because we have to have supplies delivered to our destination. (Think 20 large boxes for a five day stay, no joke.) When I asked Patti about it, she said they could be sent to Jana's. I contacted Jana, who promptly responded that it was no trouble at all. They delivered our supplies to her several days before our expected arrival, and Jana contacted me to let me know they had arrived. She and her husband also delivered them all the way to the cabin. For me, traveling with a total of 8 adult kids and a husband on dialysis, that was a major, MAJOR relief.

We were not sure how to properly use the theater system, called Earl at 8pm, and had friendly, helpful answers in no time flat.

If customer service is important to you, I cannot recommend Skyview enough. :) It was easy as pie, they sent a digital welcome package a bit before our stay with ALL kinds of useful information, floor plans, etc. They truly made the process easy for me, which ALWAYS means a better vacation for us!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Dealing with Skyview (Patti, Earl, and Jana)
Liked least: Nothing at all, really.
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NC
Reviewed June 25, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Luxury-minded travelers
NC
Reviewed June 22, 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing