“This day with Jim Easton made our trip to the Smoky Mountains complete!”

Taking Better Photos Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Tours in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indianola, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This day with Jim Easton made our trip to the Smoky Mountains complete!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

At the end of a rainy week at Smoky Mountain National Park we were fortunate to have a day with Jim Easton! Following a class on digital photography and a delicious lunch, Jim took us on a tour where we learned to view the whole area differently. He was fun and upbeat and while he told us about the area, history and culture, we were able to hone our newly developed photography skills. It made our vacation, but in addition I can hardly wait to use my new skills on our NEXT vacation!! Thanks, Jim!

Visited September 2011
18 Thank Nancy B

San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The best value vacation experence I've had in years!”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I took the class room course 2 years ago but this time I had the chance to take the class along with a photo shoot. Jim provides the easiest to understand explanation for those confusing little symbols you find on your camera. Once in the field you get to apply what you have been shown along with hints on composition and framing that add so much to what would otherwise be just another vacation photo. With all this you get a CD that includes a guided tour, a history and ecology lesson and he even throws in lunch. You just can't beat this for value for money!

Visited September 2011
17 Thank Bob E
Liberty, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour & Photo Education!”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My parents went on the Taking Better Photos SIlent Mountain tour and had the best time!! They were in Gatlinburg for a whole week and all they talked about when they got back was the photo tour! My parents did not have a camera with them when they went and one of the instructors was nice enough to let them borrow theirs! Then after they got home one of the instructors, Nancy Rhodes, actually took the time to email me all of the photos that my mom took off of their carmera! My mom said that there is beautiful scenery and they really do teach you how to take better photos! Everyone going to Gatlinburg should definitely take the time to go on one of the Taking Better Photos Tours!

Visited August 2011
16 Thank CrystalB90
Cynthiana, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The best experience we have had in years of visiting the Gatlinburg area”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

If you don't know how to use your ditigal camera, take this class and tour.
If you want to learn local history, take this tour.
If you want to meet a genuine, nice, tour guide, Jim Eastin is the best.
We learned so much from him about our camera, picture taking, and the history of the area.

Visited July 2011
17 Thank barlow123
Nashville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“GREAT CLASS AND TOUR”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We really enjoyed and learned a lot about taking photos during the class by Jim Eastin and also on the Quiet Mountain Tour. We learned a lot about actual photo shooting. The tour was awesome. I did not even know the places we went existed and I have been going to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for 45 years. We would recommend this class and tour to all ages.

Visited May 2011