“We love James Manor”

Ranked #59 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Manchester, Kentucky
“We love James Manor”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We love the larger rooms!! They are clean, staff is very nice. This is the only place we stay when we visit the area! Love it!

Room Tip: For $5 you can get a room on the front. After a full day of running around, we like to sit out and...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolJ308

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This trip to the Smoky Mountains was sporadic and very last minute. It was the first time for my mom and sister to visit the popular Smoky Mountains and National Park. From I-40, the trip went down hill. Traffic was backed up from I-40 to Parkway and the flow of traffic was between 3-15 mph with a lot of stop-and-go. I didn't think Saturday's football game, (Oct 8, 2011), Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg's Harvest Festival was going back-up traffic for miles and miles.

When I booked my room late Friday/early Saturday morning, April put me on hold for over 5 minutes and didn't return to the line. (minutes counted from my cell phone) From that point I really didn't want to lodge at James Manor because of her treatment. I hung up the phone, calmed down and called back about an hour later. When I called back there was friendly male voice on the other end, it was Pete. Pete gave me great customer service and gave me a tip to call ahead when I was an hour away to confirm my reservation.

Once we made it through the heavy traffic and to the hotel, I was once more disappointed because no balcony rooms/high floor were available. I explained to Heather that it was my family's first time visiting Pigeon Forge and I wanted them to have the full experience, lol. Heather told me she would see what she can do, while on the other hand, April was being very doubtful about the high floor, balcony room. (Heather said that she and April are sisters)Heather went out of her way to make sure my family and I received the room that I wanted them to have. I visit Pigeon Forge about 6 times a year (or more) and I've been visiting like this since 2007 and I spend majority of my stays at James Manor. I told Heather I would not have cared so much about the room if it was my husband and I; but it was my mother and little sister I was trying to impress on their first visit.

I was about to make reservations at River Bend Inn but your "return customer discount", the room rates were the same for a Saturday. River Bend Inn was $10 cheaper than James Manor's initial Saturday rate. I just want to let James Manor know, I had a second lodging choice but I chose to stay with you all.

This visit will be unforgettable because 2 baby bear cubs were up in the tree, hanging over the road and had the Smoky Mountain National Park backed-up for many of miles. We made it up to Clingman's Dome within the last minutes of dusk. We did manage to dodge some of Sunday's outgoing traffic with shopping at the Outlet Mall (found a great bargain at Coach)and lunch at Blue Moose. My family is already planning their second Smoky Mountain visit. I hope they decide to visit during Christmas season to see the decorations. Thanks a bunch and see you next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel on a high floor for a great view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

evansville
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Checked in for one night. Have a cabin rented for 4 nights but decided to come a day early. Didn't want to spend a fortune on hotel..we already did that on the cabin! But I wanted a decent place! On the internet it looked decent enough for the price. Check in went ok except for there was a car show going on and a bunch of the car people were sitting in their lawn chairs right there in front of the door, so we had to park around front and walk to check in. Down right trashy looking with their lawn chairs and coolers spread out all over the place. Can't believe the hotel let them do that. Clerk was very nice. Room didn't look very clean. I definitely wouldn't take my socks off in that place! Carpets need cleaning badly. Vanity is right behind the entrance to the room. So if you are washing your hands or getting a cup of coffee and someone opens the door to come in the room....look out! You will get hit. Beds are hard and lumpy. Not a whole lot of tv channels but we didn't care about that. Breakfast consists of biscuits that are cold and you heat them in the microwave same as the waffles. Then there are 3 different cold cereals to choose from along with donuts

• Stayed September 2011
Anderson,SC
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had a nice stay here. Our room had a jacuzzi as well. I enjoy the view from the rooms in front with a balcony over the city street. Could use some renovation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Amelia, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night on our 4 night vacation to TN. It was a very nice room, very clean and the staff was very nice as well. The breakfast wasn't so good, but I never really expect it to be that great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay with James Manor. The location was excellent. It was right on the strip, had a trolley stop directly in front, a beautiful view of the mountains (if your room is on the front) and you could walk to lots of places. The room was sparkling clean. I noticed another reviewer mentioned a foul smell, but we did not encounter this at all in our room or anywhere else. Our standard room including a mini fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. I loved that all the rooms have a balcony. It was great to sit outside, drinking my morning coffee and watch the mists roll through the mountains. I noticed others complained about the bathrooms being small, but they seemed fine to me. Service was excellent. FAST, easy check in. Desk clerk was helpful and polite. Our housekeeper cleaned the room daily and brought fresh towels. We enjoyed relaxing in the indoor pool and hot tub after a late dinner. As long as you are not disturbing other guests, they let you stay in the pool as late as you want. There were towels provided at the pool area so you didn't have to use the ones from your room.There was also a gameroom with a pool table, and a gym. The WiFi worked great the entire time. The breakfast was simple but good. Hot make-them-yourself waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, donuts, juice, coffee. The lady who was overseeing the breakfast area was sweet and helpful and made sure there was always plenty of food available. There is a pancake house directly next door and another one across the street. The only cons were the indoor pool had alot of chlorine and the beds were a bit hard for my taste, however these would by no means prevent me from staying here again. We look forward to staying here again this fall. We had a great time:)

Room Tip: Book a room on the front facing the strip.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ytterp2000
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed many times when first opened. In 2009 we went to get room we were offered a room that had horrible sweaty smell. Left and have no desire to stay there again.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family