“Poor Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Columbia, Kentucky
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights. The first night the fire alarm went off 3 times and we were not informed whether it was a false alarm or real. No one came around to reassure us. Went to the lobby and it was crowded. They said it was a short in the system. The staff was rude. Will Never stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We actually got this hotel as part of a package deal doing one of those time share sales things. So it was a great deal for us. Our room had 2 queen beds with fridge/microwave, sitting area and balcony. We went middle of October and enjoyed the indoor saline pool and hottub. When the jets were on the hot tub it made a high pitch squeal. We told the front desk but nothing was ever done about it. There is free breakfast w/ cereal, KrispyKreme doughnuts, waffles, toast, juice, coffee and I forgot frozen biscuits you smother w/ crockpot gravy :) It was a clean hotel being close to everything. But I don't think we'll be back to Pigeon Forge again, it had been 9yrs since we were there and it's so crowded and commercialized. Very dissapointing.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank unicornjo
Manchester, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We love the larger rooms!! They are clean, staff is very nice. This is the only place we stay when we visit the area! Love it!

Room Tip: For $5 you can get a room on the front. After a full day of running around, we like to sit out and...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolJ308
Horn Lake, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This trip to the Smoky Mountains was sporadic and very last minute. It was the first time for my mom and sister to visit the popular Smoky Mountains and National Park. From I-40, the trip went down hill. Traffic was backed up from I-40 to Parkway and the flow of traffic was between 3-15 mph with a lot of stop-and-go. I didn't think Saturday's football game, (Oct 8, 2011), Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg's Harvest Festival was going back-up traffic for miles and miles.

When I booked my room late Friday/early Saturday morning, April put me on hold for over 5 minutes and didn't return to the line. (minutes counted from my cell phone) From that point I really didn't want to lodge at James Manor because of her treatment. I hung up the phone, calmed down and called back about an hour later. When I called back there was friendly male voice on the other end, it was Pete. Pete gave me great customer service and gave me a tip to call ahead when I was an hour away to confirm my reservation.

Once we made it through the heavy traffic and to the hotel, I was once more disappointed because no balcony rooms/high floor were available. I explained to Heather that it was my family's first time visiting Pigeon Forge and I wanted them to have the full experience, lol. Heather told me she would see what she can do, while on the other hand, April was being very doubtful about the high floor, balcony room. (Heather said that she and April are sisters)Heather went out of her way to make sure my family and I received the room that I wanted them to have. I visit Pigeon Forge about 6 times a year (or more) and I've been visiting like this since 2007 and I spend majority of my stays at James Manor. I told Heather I would not have cared so much about the room if it was my husband and I; but it was my mother and little sister I was trying to impress on their first visit.

I was about to make reservations at River Bend Inn but your "return customer discount", the room rates were the same for a Saturday. River Bend Inn was $10 cheaper than James Manor's initial Saturday rate. I just want to let James Manor know, I had a second lodging choice but I chose to stay with you all.

This visit will be unforgettable because 2 baby bear cubs were up in the tree, hanging over the road and had the Smoky Mountain National Park backed-up for many of miles. We made it up to Clingman's Dome within the last minutes of dusk. We did manage to dodge some of Sunday's outgoing traffic with shopping at the Outlet Mall (found a great bargain at Coach)and lunch at Blue Moose. My family is already planning their second Smoky Mountain visit. I hope they decide to visit during Christmas season to see the decorations. Thanks a bunch and see you next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel on a high floor for a great view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

evansville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Checked in for one night. Have a cabin rented for 4 nights but decided to come a day early. Didn't want to spend a fortune on hotel..we already did that on the cabin! But I wanted a decent place! On the internet it looked decent enough for the price. Check in went ok except for there was a car show going on and a bunch of the car people were sitting in their lawn chairs right there in front of the door, so we had to park around front and walk to check in. Down right trashy looking with their lawn chairs and coolers spread out all over the place. Can't believe the hotel let them do that. Clerk was very nice. Room didn't look very clean. I definitely wouldn't take my socks off in that place! Carpets need cleaning badly. Vanity is right behind the entrance to the room. So if you are washing your hands or getting a cup of coffee and someone opens the door to come in the room....look out! You will get hit. Beds are hard and lumpy. Not a whole lot of tv channels but we didn't care about that. Breakfast consists of biscuits that are cold and you heat them in the microwave same as the waffles. Then there are 3 different cold cereals to choose from along with donuts

• Stayed September 2011
Anderson,SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had a nice stay here. Our room had a jacuzzi as well. I enjoy the view from the rooms in front with a balcony over the city street. Could use some renovation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Amelia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night on our 4 night vacation to TN. It was a very nice room, very clean and the staff was very nice as well. The breakfast wasn't so good, but I never really expect it to be that great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple