All reviews bluegreen owners bedroom deluxe full kitchen nice resort indoor pool week stay pots and pans recommend this resort hot tub pull out sofa working order the main strip the smoky mountains family vacation nice stay pool table spring break
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are bluegreen owners and this is the first time we stayed at Laurel Crest since we typically stay in Mountain Loft. The room was very musky and smelled like an old cigarette. Also I found that the planning and activities desk person to be rude. We asked about movie rentals since it had it on the amenities list online and he said that they did not have it there only a few resorts. I told him it was on the website and he proceeded to tell me I was wrong. I thought about pulling it up on my phone right there but was tired and just wanted to get to the room since he was trying to book us for an owners update and we had just done one in August. If going to the area, I would say save your points and book a cabin. Walls were thin and rooms were not as nice as some of the other resorts. Very disappointed

• Stayed: December 2012
8  Thank kl1225
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at Laurel Crest this past weekend. We had booked through a package deal with Bass Pro Shops and knew that is was a timeshare resort. We were really dreading the presentation and were regretting our decision on the drive there. We arrived late and picked up our paperwork at the 'travel center'. I had called ahead to tell them that we were arriving late and was told that our packet would include our scheduled time for our presentation. I was hoping to get to choose the time, so that it didn't interupt our plans. I asked the lady on the phone when our time slot was and she told me 12:30 the next day. I asked her if it could be earlier since we had plans to go Dollywood the next day. She told me that was the only time available. We weren't thrilled with that, but since we are season passholders to Dollywood, it wasn't a huge deal to go there both Saturday and Sunday in order to do all that we had planned. If that weren't the case, I'd have been very upset to pay for a full day, but to only get to be there half the day.
We had a one bedroom deluxe room that included a sleeper sofa. It had a king bed in the bedroom and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The kitchen was equiped well enough for vacation cooking. The room was clean but was looking 'worn' and starting to look outdated. the sleeper sofa was somewhat faded and the carpet needed to be stretched/replaced.The oak cabinetry looked worn and the appliances we outdated a bit.
My big complaint with the room was the lack of soundproofing. There's apparently no sound proofing between floors or walls. I could hear the water running through the pipes all night. I could hear vehicles coming and going. It sounded like someone was trying to get into our room a couple times, but it was actually the room next door that shared our 'foyer'.
The view we had looked out at a basketball court and a bunch of air conditioning units. Definately not the view I come to the Smokies to see.
The timeshare presentation wasn't too bad and our salesperson wasn't pushy at all, which really shocked us. It could have been because I told him upfront that we were used to staying in cabins, B&Bs and upscale condos and that I hadn't slept at all at Laurel Crest the night before.
Overall, this place is ok, but there are soooooooooooo many nicer places in to stay in the Smokies.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Tennesseesweetheart
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went with a friend who had a time share with Blue Green. Left my computer cord behind and called 12 times to ask if they located it. Lost and found is a voice mail only. Never bothered to call me back. I guess they sell you a time share and they figure you are stuck with whatever they care to dish out. Walls are paper thin. Big waste of money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kathy3453
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I know some people give this bad reviews but if you are like me & are use to staying in Comfort Inn or a place like that, then Laurel Crest was awesome! I've stayed in a resort a time or two & so far I must say this is the best one!! Full kitchen, 3 pools, jacuzzi tub in every room. We had a one bedroom & for the 2 adults & one 8 year old in my party it was prefect sized! Stayed 4 nights, 5 days! If u spend most of your time in your room while on vacation then maybe it's not for you but who really does that. The hot tub didn't work when we first got there but I called the desk & they had someone there within 5 mins & fixed within 15 mins with a smile! Will definitely be going back :)

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank HoganK
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this resort many times over the past 8 years. It is a Bluegreen timeshare resort and I am a Bluegreen owner, so I have the option of using my annual point allotment at many locations and I have visited many different resorts. Laurel Crest is the one where I choose to spend the most time each year. It is in a great location to access all that the Pigeon Forge area has to offer and I have stayed here in all seasons of the year. October is a particularly beautiful time to visit, but traffic is very heavy, so it is very important to choose a resort in the right location and Laurel Crest is perfect.

Most of the units are in 9 multistory buildings which all have elevators, but there are a few individual townhouses on property as well. Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs are all very well maintained and the landscapers work hard to keep the grounds looking great. Right now the Fall landscaping is lovely and you frequently see families posing in front of the various special decorations.

This is an older resort, but they do have a designated rotation schedule for replacing furnishings and redoing units and the units have always been very clean and neat upon arrival.

The clubhouse has been redone and is very nice-- the only problem is that there is a very small parking lot at the clubhouse and no room to expand. Fortunately, there is adequate parking up by the units.

One of the best things about this resort is the STAFF! Absolutely INCREDIBLE! From the warm welcome upon arrival through the efficient checkin process to the thorough cleaning staff , diligent quality assurance checkers, responsive maintenance staff and helpful concierges, it all adds up to a delightful vacation experience. I should also mention that there is a full activities staff, but I am usually too busy with all the area has to offer to take advantage of the activities programs. However, I do attend the Monday morning coffee/donut hour which is really an area orientation session with drawings for free attraction tickets.

I really love this area and Laurel Crest is my favorite choice for a multi-day stay! I already have my reservations to return next month to enjoy all the Christmas Shows!

• Stayed: October 2012