It had snowed 8 to 10 inches a few days before our New Years trip. When we arrived in Pigeon Forge and paid for our cabin (we had a cabin reserved for our 4 day stay) we discovered after going out to the cabin we couldn't get to it because of the snow & ice. We went back to the cabin rental company and after talking to them about the situation they refunded our 1ST night so we had to find a motel..... Quick! The Riverside Lodge was like just around the corner from the cabin rental company. Front sign said "VACANCY" so we went in and got a room. (didn't want to compare all the motels in the area due to we might not get one if we waited) We were put on the 2ND floor in a one bed room. The room was like a "mini-suite" It had a jacuzzi tub (which we did not use) a fireplace (gas) it was nice and kept room warm, mini-frig. (ours worked good....kept our food cold that we had took up with us) mini-stove, kitchen sink, TV (had plenty of channels and it was good) pots, pans, dishes (which we did not use) had a coffee pot (but no coffee) a couch, table & 2 chairs, and internet service and it (internet service) was GREAT! The bathroom area was big, in the jaccuzzi tub area was also a hand sink (this area was "open-area"....no closed doors) Behind the closed door (bathroom) was the toliet, another hand sink and a tub/shower combo. Bed slept good (but we were very tired and fustrated over not getting to our cabin so we could have fell asleep any where) But the neighbors were very noisy. We were woke up around midnight by someone checking into next room. His daughter would not open the door to let him in so he just stood outside banging on door & yelling (the banging rattled our windows) Woke several up in motel (one even opened his door and got on to him) We were woke again early in morning (4AM & 5AM) by running water and doors slamming. (this is one reason why we rent a cabin in the area) This motel is a older motel, some things could be updated and some things have been updated. For one night it was just fine but I don't think I would stay here for more than 2 nights. We would stay here again if we encountered the problems with the cabin again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Old Mill Avenue and Dollywood lane in Pigeon Forge, Riverside Motor Lodge has everything you need to make your vacation complete. From our wide range of suites to our over sized Penthouse, no matter what the occasion we have what you are looking for. Our heated indoor pool offers fun and relaxation even through the coldest winter days while the fireplaces in our family and honeymoon suites wait to warm you back up. Before you settle for another standard room come see what a Riverside Vacation is all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Riverside Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Motor Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Riverside Hotel Pigeon Forge