“Extremely Disappointed, Horrible Service, No food”

Song & Hearth: A Southern Eatery
Ranked #56 of 201 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Description: No one does home cooking like the South — and no one does Southern hospitality like Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa™ in Pigeon Forge. Song & Hearth: A Southern Eatery serves breakfast and dinner - all with a touch of regional flavors. Song & Hearth is open to both Dollywood's DreamMore Resort guests and Non-Resort guests. Complimentary self-parking is available. Valet service is also available for a fee. Pricing is based on adult ages 10+ and child ages 4-9. Food Allergies - If you or someone in your party has a food allergy or special dietary restriction, please notify you server upon placing your order.
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We went here a few weeks ago, Food was ok, but lacking. However our server was HORRIBLE! She brought drinks to our table after that never seen again ( we were here for almost 2 hours!!) Lucky enough no one was overly thirsty that night, and there were other people will be remove plates from our table. Finally after about 1 1/2 hours we were able to grab her attention, she looked very confused as to why we were calling her over ( obviously she had no idea we were her) We asked for the check.. Another 20 minutes goes by, she doesn't come around. I go to look for a manager, They get us our check. Sadly this must happen often as the manager was not surprised by what I was telling her, not did she seem like she cared.

We made a mistake and went back again 2 weeks later ( we took others with us, that had never been) Different server, she was very sweet, kept drinks filled. However most of the food was empty the whole time were there. The little bit of food that was out, was HORRIBLE! I tried the brisket, it was extremely dried, and had a horrible taste!

After this 2 visits, this place has left a horrible taste in my mouth for good.

3  Thank MommaKitty88
Shane B, General Manager at Song & Hearth: A Southern Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Good afternoon
First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take great pride in the excellent food and services that we provide all our guests and take our guests comments very seriously.

We strive to achieve excellence, and I wish to apologize that we did not quite meet your expectations with regard to your overall food and beverage experience. Please let me know of a convenient time that I may speak with you about your experience with us.

As I mentioned, we take all comments very seriously, as we strive to make necessary corrections to ensure guest issues do not occur in the future. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere? Homey
Service? Proficient
Food? Average at best.

Moving a menu from one of the local dinner shows would be an improvement. The fried chicken was one of the better items but still not what southern fried chicken should taste like. I did enjoy the sweet potatoes, but the majority of the items reminded me of my mom’s cooking back in the 70’s when she decided we needed to eat “healthy!” (A bit bland) We’ve come a long way in healthy options than what was available in the 70’s.

I had the coconut cream pie that was okay and a slice of chocolate pecan that was a little better.

Overall, I was surprised that the food didn’t wake my tastebuds more than it did.
The food wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great!

1  Thank BillBodacious

Good afternoon

We strive to achieve excellence, and I wish to apologize that we did not quite meet your expectations with regard to your overall food and beverage experience. We are constantly making improvements to our menu offerings. Please let me know of a convenient time that I may speak with you about your experience with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I’ve ate here numerous times and have never been disappointed. From a custom omelette, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy and so so much more. You will not be hungry when you leave. The service and excellent just like the rest of the resort.

Date of visit: December 2017

Good afternoon,

We strive to achieve excellence, We are pleased to hear about your overall food and beverage breakfast experience in Song & Hearth and thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

A great buffet with a large variety of choices. Place is large, but arranged such that you don't feel like you are in a huge cafeteria - smaller, more intimate areas seem more personal. Great food, and plenty of it. Good choices for all ages. Staff is friendly without being obtrusive. Not worth the price, however, if you are not hungry. If you ARE hungry, it's a great value. Be sure to check out the interesting decorative touches. One negative point - what Southerner serves COLD biscuits and cornbread?!?

1  Thank Theresa M B

Good afternoon,

We strive to achieve excellence, We are pleased to hear about your overall food and beverage experience in Song & Hearth. We are constantly improving our offerings and have made changes to the biscuits and cornbread display so they are served warm. I want to thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

The buffet was fabulous! Prime rib on Sunday and the best omelettes ever! The employees were full of Southern Charm and helpful. It was a very relaxing atmosphere for breakfast and dinner. Yum, yum!