“Great Get-a-way”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Middlesboro, Kentucky
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

I guess we had high expectations for this place for what the owners charged us. It's small, overly decorated, which makes it feel more cramped, and needs updated desperately. There is no shower on the first floor, and a tiny, dirty shower on the second floor. The rules for check out are demanding. Put clean dishes away or they'll charge you $25. Don't get the towels dirty or they'll charge you $25. Take the trash out or they'll charge you $25. The third floor "loft" is a law suit waiting to happen. A steep ladder up to a tiny cubby hole. The hot tub smelled like urine, and the latch for the "gate" out back was broken, which posed a security risk in my opinion. Check out is at 10am, so forget about sleeping in and relaxing your last day there. I seriously doubt we'll be back.

19 Jul 2017
Sorry you were disappointed. This is an older home but is clean. This is our economy cabin. It is not a luxury log. You would have paid 289 a night in July for that. Also, the charges are really not enough to cover people that use our towels to clean their cars and the kitchen is on the honor system. This is so people will take care of other peoples property. You were probably offended because you probably do the right thing. If you needed anything all you had to do is call the office and we would have been glad to answer any of your questions or fixed the latch. Our hot tubs are changed after each stay and fresh chemicals put in also.
THelton20...
“Horrible”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Horrible experience! Beds have springs coming thru. No washer and dryer, that is our fault for not noticing. Door will not lock. Only one roll of toilet paper for a five day stay. Only shower is upstairs. Stairs are very steep. Wish I could review the management company as well. Angel's view cabin rental.. Hateful is putting it mildly. Customer service is not their strong point! Lady working the office this morning would not even hardly speak to us. The family in the cabin beside us had the issues as well. They did not get any service either. You can not even request maid service during stay.

26 Jun 2017
Dear Guests, you called a friend to book through our company. We explained to you all we had left was an economy cabin. You waited to the last second to book. You then preceded to call the office to want to change and we had nothing. All pictures are online and we do not doctor those pictures. I gave you a chance to check out and you did not. If you would have read the policy, you would have seen we only start you with starter toiletries. The cabin next door had a cable box out which we fixed the very next day. The springs are not coming through the mattress I checked those. Beds are not the same as yours at home. None are in any cabin or motel room. You can request maid service but it is a 25 dollar charge a day. Maid service is not in the cabin industry. Once you have leased a cabin it is yours for the week. You might have wanted to stay in a motel if you need maid service, which we have that too. The lock works just fine. I am assuming someone in your party turned the latch on the inside which causes it to remain open unless you put it in the lock position and then hit the lock button on the outside when leaving. If you would have asked, we would have been glad to help you with this. I am sorry you had a miserable stay. My office staff has been with me for 20 years. I know no one is perfect, but I assume they reacted off of your attack. My suggestion when you book please look at pictures first. I apologize for any problems that you had.
robertwil...
Roebuck, South Carolina
“Great Get-a-way”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Just far enough away from the city to be quite. and close enough to be at any destination in 5 to 10 mins.
Nice, clean, and comfortable lodging.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
5 Sep 2016
Glad you had a great time. Come back when you can.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;