New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Ringgold, Georgia
“Over all pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed here for one night. Overall the stay was pretty good. Has a good location in Pigeon Forge next to Comedy Barn and down the road from many go cart tracks. Check in was east, took like 5 mins. Got to the room, air condition was already on which was a plus, nice and cold room after a long drive. Room was pretty spacious. Had a fire place that was nice to look at. The room could use a bigger t.v. but we didn't watch it to much, also somewhere I read they have riverside rooms but you can see a little bit of the river across the parking lot which I expected a riverside by the river deal. There was a celing tile in the room that looked water damaged and had a brown stain (room 418). The bathroom is very tiny but we made due. I think the bathroom could use a good scrubbing especially on the floors. One bed was firmer than the other but we still had a good nights sleep. They put 4 pillows per bed which is nice so we didn't have to call for more pillows. Toilet got clogged up while we were there (our fault) and we called downstairs and they sent matinence up with a plunger. They guy dropped it off and said leave it outside when we were done. It sat there from like 4 p.m. Saturday and was still there until we checked out Sunday. Breakfast was ok. They had some cereal's (4 kinds) mini donuts, bagels, honey buns i think, and muffins. And your usual morning drinks, coffee, orange juice, milk, and apple juice. We skipped out and went and had pancakes. I think breakfast could use a little more. Overall though I am very pleased with the hotel. The gentleman that was working in the office was very friendly when checking in and out.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Chillicothe, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at Valley Forge Inn 3 nights in July to meet up with other family members for a mini vacation.this is a nice facility that is family friendly along with location to a variety of attractions and places to eat.We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Booneville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

We, took our youth group to dollywood and stay here for the first time it was great, the staff was so friendly and the rooms were clean, all of the group agree that it was the best place ever. so if we go back we will be staying here.

Stayed June 2010
kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

I chose this place for the location and the price was great.My childern and I had a wonderful stay here.The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us.We had a few minor issues and the staff at the front desk handeled it promptly and professionly.The breakfast was good and the pools were great although I hope they consider leaving the indoor pool open until 11 since it is the only place they have a jaccuzi(closing it at ten makes it a little hard for people to use when their out late).The maid service was great.The private balcony was nice and there was plenty of room to park.There was also alot of places to walk to with plenty of things to do with young childern.The comedy barn is within waling distance also there is a resteraunt next door.I don't think you could get a nicer hotel in pigeon forge for your money than right here.It really is a great place to stay and we will be returning guests.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Been coming to Pigeon Forge for years.. First time I've actually been satisfied with a motel. This is one I will actually be glad to stay with again. This one met all my basic requirements for a motel room. #1 - it was very clean #2 - Great water pressure in the shower, so girls if you have thick hair, no worries here. #3 - The mattress was comfortable (I'm used to a little firmer mattress but that's just my preference). Now for the extras: Private balcony overlooking the Little Pigeon river. (next to the river they have picnic tables and grills). Jacuzzi Tub, great after a long day of shopping the outlets. Fire place ( didn't try that since it was July but I'm sure it would be cozy in the winter) The people were all so nice and friendly, just good people. The complementary breakfast is bagels, cream cheese, toast, butter, cereal, milk, juices, coffee. You can have instant grits or oatmeal. My husband and I were very pleased. Thanks Valley Forge Inn for making our Aniversary a nice get away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Valley Forge Inn the week following July 4th. I had great memories of staying here as a kid so I wanted to go back.

The staff is nice and helpful--we got some great tips on where the locals around here go to eat. The rooms were nice and adequate for our needs, but the pillows are really flat and not supportive (which you'd probably find anywhere at any motel) and there is no lid on the toilet. In a previous review there was a complaint about the toilets not having lids and the response was that it was a handicap room, but we stayed in a king room that is definitely not handicapped and had the pleasure of fishing out a shampoo packet that got knocked off into the (used) toilet. In my opinion the bathrooms are way too small to not have toilet lids. There was also what looked like a cigarette burn on our comforter, and we were in a non-smoking room.

Our only real complaint is that the indoor pool rules are not enforced (I don't know about the outdoor pool as we didn't try that one). The rules are no diving, no jumping, and no running. The first time we tried the pool everything was fine, but the second time I never saw a kid NOT jumping, cannon-balling, running on the edge between the hot tub and the pool, and literally throwing each other in. Another rule is that children are required to have parental supervision. The kids roughhousing did not have parents present (maybe they chose to watch them on the closed-circuit cameras?) and no adult ever came to ask them to behave.

I realize that guest behavior is not the fault of the motel's, but because of our bad experience with disruptive kids in the pool, we will probably not be returning to Valley Forge, at least not during the summer season. This is why I would recommend the motel to families with children, but not necessarily to couples.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeniMac
Cullowhee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have stayed at Valley Forge Inn i guess well over 20-30 times and out of all the places to stay in Pigeon Forge i always stay at Valley Forge Inn. They are very friendly and rooms are always clean and you can't beat the prices. With the economy the way it is it is nice to have someplace you can go for a weekend and not break the bank. It also is Christian and american owned and operated they even have a sunday service there. I honestly feel very safe and it is a great Christian atomosphere. So if you are looking for a clean and friendly place to stay i recommend the Valley Forge Inn. My home away from Home.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends