“Southern Home cooking ”
Review of Hickory House

Hickory House
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Pulaski
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

It is a casual, no frills place with really friendly staff and delicious food. I really liked their fried green tomato twist on the classic BLT. I’d recommend it if you’re in the mood for barbecue.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I heard that the hickory House had some good ribs, so I had to find out. Well I was really pleased with this gem hidden away off the square. It has fairly new owners and is a very well maintained old Pulaski restaurant. The place was very clean and staff very friendly. They have a buffet but I was on a mission for pork. They have a wine list and they sell beer. My wife and I got the ribs with 2 sides. Ribs are 4 bone portions with plenty of meat. Served dry you have choices of 2 sauces and both where good matches to the meat. I had potato salad and baked beans. Salad was very good with a sour cream base which tasted homemade. Beans where cooked with chunks of meat with bits of red bell peppers with a light chow chow flavor. Not my favorite but far better than plain pork and beans. I would still reorder both. My wife had coleslaw with crinkle cut fries. She said both were good. Beer was ice cold and sweet tea was a hit with my wife. We will be back!!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Awesome Steaks and great service good place to relax and enjoy your meal with a cold glass of wine. Great location next to beautiful Sam Davis Stadium Home of the BobCats

Reviewed March 21, 2018

The most surprising thing was simply how very good the steaks are. I've stopped there for the buffet lunch and was rather pleased but the evening fare is far better.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Upon arrival, there was no greeting that I can remember. I stood there for a moment and said is it seat yourself the person at the register said yes. I took a seat, the waitress came over got my drink order and left. She returned asking what did I want to eat, I conveyed a BBQ Plate. The food was okay, I thought for what seemed to be a spoonful of beans, a piece of toast, crinkle cut fries and a serving of BBQ was pricey for what you actually got. The waitress never returned to inquire about my drink. At the end of my dining experience the tab was around $16.00 including tip.