“Tired, but happy. With a wonderful view.”
other travellers have booked this property
wrapped around deck, gas grill, 4 rocking chairs wrapped around deck
Bathroom 1
bathroom 1
Bathroom 2
Bathroom 2
pool table and sleeper sofa
hot tub
View from deck
window upstairs in loft
Picture taken 04/14/2015 Great Smoky Mountains!
Playground with picnic tables
swimming pool
boat docks and ramps
ramp and steps on Willard way that will take you to lake, pool and playground or u can drive
Picture of Douglas Lake, go ahead and rent a boat, or bring your boat!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
gpml2016
Homestead, Florida
“SUSAN [--] WILL STEAL FROM YOU!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

1st visit to Tennesse & my family loved it. The cabin was very nice, but the after taste of SUSAN [--] is very SOUR. What a HORRIBLE management company. After a week stay at Panorama cabin. I personally cleaned the entire house. Washed the dishes, put them all away, made the beds, tided whole house and I even had to vacuumed because the ceilings in the bedrooms and behind the beds were FULL of huge spider webs.
I did leave an hour after check out but that was due to all the cleaning she required. Not a valid reason to STEAL $200 from me. She told me that she would not cash my check after I checked out without notifying me first of any damages or fees she would charge me. WELL,SHE IS A LIAR!!!!!! I found out that she cashed my check when I checked my bank account wit no notice from SUSAN [--]. I have been calling her practically everyday and have email her, she refuses to answer my calls or emails. All I want is a justification as to why she STOLE my deposit but she will not give face. She knows she's wrong or she would not be hiding. DO NOT RENT FROM SUSAN [--] OR PIGEON RIVER CABIN MANAGEMENT SERVICE. This is how she makes a living, by scamming people out of there deposit. BEWARE!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!
Tennessee is beautiful and there are many rental companies you can use. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS ONE. I am going to pursue this with legal aid and she will have to pay me much more than the $200 is stole.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Service
Liked least: Susan [--] stole my deposit
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 May 2016
I would like to address the review you left me on this site. The first one is no you did not leave one hour late, it was after noon before you left, i have the phone records that show I had to call you at 11:55 and advise you that housekeeping was there and had been there since 10:00 am waiting on you to leave so they could get the cabin cleaned. When I did speak to you about this I advised you that we had guests coming in at three and Housekeeping was going to pushed to get the cabin cleaned by three pm. I also advised you at that time to refer to your rental agreement about the check out time. You even stated that you thought check out time was 11 am and i told you that even if it was 11 that you still an hour late. I have been renting cabins for 5 years and this is the first time that someone has posted a false review and not being truthful. I have rented to thousands of people and one false review will not damage my good reputation. . You were sent an email and letter in the mail about your charges for leaving late. You were notified that day. I even told you the other day on the phone that the cabin was not cleaned before the next guests arrived that day at 3:05 and they have a contract with me that states check in is at 3 and when its not ready as promised then the contract is broken and they do have the right to ask for a refund and they were issued a refund for a day and housekeeping was reimbursed for sitting two hours waiting on you to pack up and leave, the cabin was not cleaned by you and that is not why you were late checking out. I hope you do challenge this with legal aid, I do have my proof of what I am saying is true, we have pictures of the cabin and pictures of your vehicle and your tag on the vehicle still in the driveway at noon with the time stamp on it and we do have the rental agreement that you signed that states of the repercussion of checking out late. I have always tried to be lenient when people check out late and this was the first time i ever charged a guests for doing that, I feel that its not my responsibility to reimburse a guests for a free night because the cabin isn't ready at three and I feel that it is not my responsibility to pay housekeeping fees to wait on you to leave for 2 hours either. I also find it interesting that you talked about the cabin being dirty but after you arrived at the cabin (early may Ii say) that you called me and bragged about the cabin being more than you expected and how you talked about everything being clean. The one thing you stated that is true is Tennessee is beautiful.
Megan S
“Wonderul cabin, bad customer service”
Reviewed February 28, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Like other reviews have pointed out, this cabin is in a wonderful location (private but close to major attractions), and it has everything a couple or family would need for the weekend. We were able to make several meals in the cabin.
Unfortunately, we went during some winter weather and discovered that the resort area where this cabin is located, doesn't treat their roads. After a night of freezing rain, we discovered our car was stuck in the driveway. We contacted both of the people on the emergency contact information. The maintenance man was out of town but he did answer our call and informed us that the couple the previous weekend ended up getting towed out. We ended up paying $150 to get towed out as well. We were disappointed that the property manager never called us back. We feel like we should have been informed that the roads/driveways weren't going to be treated and the people before us got stuck as well. We would have at least parked at the top of the hill if that was communicated to us. There were at least a half dozen signs on how to take care of their cabin, but none that helped us with this issue. My husband was so unhappy, he will never return to this cabin or this resort area. The tow truck driver was on to our neighbor after he towed us out, so clearly this is an issue with more than just us or this particular cabin. Maybe if you stay here in the summer you would have better results than us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location. Kitchen.
Liked least: Non-treated drive way. No answer to phone calls/emails.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
1 Mar 2015
I don't understand how you can say we did not contact you back after you called. We talked to you numerous times and advised you that we could not get out as well, you even said that you listened to the weather and they were not calling for this bad weather, so it caught ALL of us off guard. It is not our responsibility to pay for your tow out of driveway, when you make trips to the mountains where there is potential for bad weather this is just an issue that comes up. This was over Valentines Day weekend and in the resort and you were the only ones that stated you could not get out, everyone else left on time and no complaints. We never told you that the people that stayed in cabin last weekend could not get out. In fact we had no bad weather that weekend? we do not have no more control over the weather than you do, I did notice that you never said anything about how we let you stay 2 extra nights in the cabin at NO cost to you until you could a get a tow? I think two extra nights is a compensation to you at this at no fault of our own. I also want to bring up in the rental agreement that it states that we are not responsible for bad weather if it occurs.
hangnloos...
Oneonta, Alabama
“Tired, but happy. With a wonderful view.”
Reviewed November 29, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

This was my sons family and my first vacation. It was in the woods by itself. It looks just like its pictures. But it is not to far from all the action. The cabin was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was enough room to park 4 vehicles if need be. Was a ramp no stairs to the cabin. The view is beautiful. The hot tub wonderful. Don't forget your bathing suit. When I said tired, I was talking about all the things you can do and get worn out. But was so happy to be with my granddaughters I was happy. They do accept animals. Mine enjoyed his self. Now on the directions, my GPS took me right to the cabin. But my sons GPS on his phone did not. So be careful with that. Just don't forget to go to the dead end. Not like me and go to the wrong one. Of course the place was not perfect. And like any place it has been used but was really nice still. Didn't get to use the pool. But the hot tub everyone loved. The large group I am referring to would be 8 people. I would highly recommend this cabin. We were 4 adults and 2 teens.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Peacefulness and firm mattress
Liked least: The large rocks in the drive that I fell on chasing my dog. I'm fine :)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
LAdams_12
Rossville, Georgia
“Peaceful, Beautiful Surroundings, Great Vacation Spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Cabin is located at a deadend. Very private, great wrap around porch with grill and hot tub which were both used. 4 Rockers on the porch made it a perfect afternoon to spend with family. Pool table upstairs in the loft was lots of fun. About 25 minutes to downtown Pigeon Forge. Had a great time at this awesome cabin! Would love to be back there right now :)!

Liked best: Views and Location
Liked least: Firmness of Mattress
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PastorJac...
Lothian, Maryland
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed October 10, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

After a heavy work load on both of us for a long time, we were ready for an escape. This was just what we needed. The cabin was better than the pictures show. Susan was attentive and exceptional to deal with throughout the process. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

Older travelers People with pets
Haapy1
“Clean, private cabin close to Gatlinburgh and Pigeon Forge.”
Reviewed September 25, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Cabin was very clean and well taken care of. The only complaint we had was the mattresses were very uncomfortable esp if you have back problems. Other than that the owner was very nice and helpful when we called her. Cabin was pretty private and was only a short distance to all the main attractions in the area. Would definitely stay here again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
eddie763
Weaverville, North Carolina, United States
“very nice”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

the cabin was really nice and the owner was super sweet.very good private location.easy access to pigeon forge and gatlinburg

Liked best: location
Liked least: it took 24 hours to heat up hot tub
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing