“What a surprise!”

and up
RainForest Adventures Zoo Admission
Ranked #8 of 91 things to do in Sevierville
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My family (which included my parents, younger sisters, and my husband) was skeptical about going to a zoo located across from NASCAR Cafe, but, boy were we surprised! We had a great time! The staff was very friendly when we came in through the entrance, which is also a huge gift shop (which has very reasonably priced items). It smelled a little when we went through to the exhibits, but a little later, they may have burned incense, because then the smell went away. We went at a perfect time, as all the reptiles were being fed fresh fruits and vegetables, so all of them were very active and interesting. Yes, there are lots of reptiles, but they also have some cuddly ones like coatimundis, genets, lemurs, a serval, and a hilariously adorable African Crested porcupine named George that follows the keepers around like a puppy! Hadji, the monitor lizard stood up against the glass whenever we came to his exhibit. There were blue and gold macaws that said Bye Bye and waved to us as we left them. We also caught the animal show, where we got to touch an alligator, hedgehog, cockatoo, tarantula, George, tortoise, and ball python. The show was informative and funny.

Reviewed 20 January 2008

My husband, two children and myself stopped in at Rainforest on our last trip to Gatlinburg. We have been traveling to the smokys for years and had never found this jewel. Our son was jumping with excitment from one animal to another and we have a picture of him holding a GIANT snake during a presentation that they had. We had a blast and it wasn't very expensive (around $35 for the entire family with a coupon), and for the area that is a DEAL. We will be returning on our future trips.

2  Thank SheilaNC38
Reviewed 4 August 2007

On my trip to tennesse, we went to Rainforest Adventures with my whole family and I had a great day! There were tons of animals of all different shapes and sizes with an amazing atmosphere. I can't wait to visit again!

3  Thank dianemarie
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Our family visited Rainforest Adv. on our vacation. It has really cool animals. Thier habitats were very nicely done. We will be back again for sure.

3  Thank goldennana
Reviewed 24 June 2007

Rainforest Adventures is an indoor jungle. It has a number of animals, mostly snakes. A bonus for military is it's great discount. The servicemember gets in for free and family members are half off admission. A great deal!!! The staff were extremely friendly and informative however be warned, upon entering the building, you immediately smell the animals.

4  Thank Ginufred