“Relaxing, Private, Comfortable, and Wonderful”

Review of River Romance

Appleview River Resort Riverside Firepit
Appleview River Resort Riverside Firepit
Appleview River Resort Riverwalk
Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

SarahSlus...
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Relaxing, Private, Comfortable, and Wonderful”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My husband and I booked "River Romance" for a "babymoon". We wanted a quiet and relaxing getaway together before the birth of our daughter. When we arrived, my husband was very ill with a horrible stomach bug. He ended up being very sick our entire stay (2 nights). However, we couldn't have stayed in a nicer or more comfortable place! This condo was INCREDIBLY convenient to everything we needed (3-4 minutes tops from Walgreens, which we had to visit several times throughout our stay). It was also super close to the Apple Barn, the main strip leading to the Tanger Outlets, and lots of places to eat. Normally, I would expect convenience to more "touristy" places to come at the expense of higher nightly rates, less privacy, and less scenic surroundings...but this place was absolutely the exception.

I have always stayed in cabins when visiting this area (I've stayed in at least 10 different cabins over the last 5-10 years), but this condo was the most comfortable stay I've had! We had a fully equipped kitchen. It was small (galley-style) but had everything you would need and want in a vacation rental. Having our own washer and dryer was very handy! The fireplace was a nice touch and the TVs were both very nice! My husband spent a lot of time on the couch and in bed...both of which were just as comfortable (if not more so) than our own home. He even said that if he had to be sick away from home, this was the best possible place he could have imagined.

The bed was VERY comfortable and soft (and I'm picky about beds, but I slept like a baby!)
The bathroom was GORGEOUS and very very spacious--it rivals any 4-star hotel! The balcony off of our bedroom offered a serene and pretty view of the river. With no other properties behind us, we only saw trees and the river when we sat on the balcony to eat breakfast.

This property was very easy to access. The owners were very accommodating and polite. We had everything we needed and more for our stay. I know we were coming in the "off season", but we would love to (and plan to) travel again to this area at this time of the year. It wasn't crowded, rates were good, and we felt unhurried and relaxed the whole time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and privacy of this property
Liked least: Can't think of anything!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
7 Mar 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Appleview River Resort and thank you for sharing this wonderful and informative review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us despite your husbands illness. We look forward to you returning to the Great Smoky Mountains and the Appleview River Resort again very soon. May God continue to bless and keep you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing