“Love this place”

Cozumel Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 165 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 10, 2017

We love visiting here, the food is always fresh, hot and seasoned right. They bring warm chips and salsa while you are waiting . I really like the tacos, and enchiladas the best. You are always greeted at the door, and everyone there is super nice. Give it a try.

Reviewed March 9, 2017

The service here is excellent. The staff is friendly and courteous and the food is delicious. Prices are reasonable and the location is good. It is in a shopping center area behind Shoney's on Murfreesboro Road. Our family usually visits a couple of times a month and think it is one of our grandson's favorite places to eat.

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

What a freakin' mistake. Never, in 59 years, have I ever had anything this bad! The shredded chicken had been nuked so many times that it was inedible. Wife tried fajitas. Ooooo. Just awful! No flavor. We wondered why the table next to us left all of their food. This place is a disgrace! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! Stay with what you like!

Reviewed October 31, 2016

I remember going here when it first opened. This was before they broke thru the wall on the left as you go in and occupied a store that went out of business to more than double the dining space. I worked part time at the Subway that used to be next door - so it had to have opened in the early nineties. I talked to the owner and he almost didn't want to open it because Smyrna didn't have liquor by the drink then. This actually was the first one in town and it did a great business.

We haven't been there in quite a while so we went back for old time sake. Every year before vacation, we would go here and make our plans. Two orders of lunch fajitas for 2 adults and 2 children was plenty. We STILL only order a single order for the two of us, but we also order cheese dip. One thing we really like is a bowl of the mild sauce they put on burritos along with shredded cheese and chips. We eat a lot of chips. We sat in the old section for the first time in a long time. One waiter had the whole section and was running his legs off. He was still able to meet expectations in regards to service. I had to get my own to go box, but it was right behind me. Our bill with tax was a little over $16, but I gave him a $5 tip because he was literally running to accommodate his tables.

We had fajitas, cheese dip and the aforementioned burrito sauce and shredded cheese and water to drink. Generous dinner portion and we both had enough for lunch the next day. Great taste - hot - cheap.

Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

Lunch specials are super quick, affordable, and delicious. It is hidden back at the end of the parking lot shared with K-Mart. This location keeps it from being slammed like some locations on the main road.

Been to Cozumel Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!