“Great food”

Cozumel Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 158 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The food here is awesome! I could close my eyes and it took me to my favorite restaurant in Cozumel. If you want some great Mexican food, try Cozumel Mexican Restaurant!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Low wait times, friendly staff, great food. The atmosphere is very relaxed. The food is very good and priced right.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Last Sunday we wanted Mexican, but wanted it to go. We call Cozumel and order a double mixed fajita with shredded cheese, salsa and mild dip. To those not in the know – the mild dip is their burrito sauce. Here is what you do. You dip a chip in the burrito sauce then sprinkle it with the shredded cheese – you are welcome!

We had fajitas that night. I did a reheat in a skillet the next night. My wife had it for lunch 3 days – I had it 2 days. Sad to say – a week later we discarded the rest and seriously – I think we threw away 2-3 more meals! No…not because it was not good – there was just so much! Basically, we had 7 meals (10 if you count the leftovers we tossed) for less than $30 – you do the math. Granted – the food was best the first day, but was not bad the other days – especially the next day when I reheated in the skillet. We always get the pico and quac on the side. Granted quac browns quickly so use it ASAP, but everything else was fine.

Smyrna’s original Tex-Mex – still Smyrna’s best!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We love visiting here, the food is always fresh, hot and seasoned right. They bring warm chips and salsa while you are waiting . I really like the tacos, and enchiladas the best. You are always greeted at the door, and everyone there is super nice. Give it a try.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The service here is excellent. The staff is friendly and courteous and the food is delicious. Prices are reasonable and the location is good. It is in a shopping center area behind Shoney's on Murfreesboro Road. Our family usually visits a couple of times a month and think it is one of our grandson's favorite places to eat.