“Finally found Great Sushi”

Minami Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 172 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Best sushi I have eaten in this area hands down and probably among the top 2-3 I have EVER been to. The ginger dressing on the salad was good enough to drink. Amazing! The service was beyond exceptional with the most friendly staff of any restaurant I can remember going to. I can't find a single thing negative about the whole experience from start to finish. I can't see why anyone would give it less than 5 stars.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I tried Minami for the first time with a friend. We came for late lunch on a Saturday, and were the only people there! They appear to be a dinner (hibachi) and work-lunch kind of place. Better for us! We got to chat with the chef while he made our lunch. The staff was so friendly, the sushi was very tasty, and the menu was very big! Prices were in the average range for a traditional sushi joint in the Nashville area. I would definitely come back!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We went here tonight for my granddaughters birthday. My wife and I had the shrimp and rice. The food was delicious and the service was great. The chef was really good and had a great personality.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Minami's is an out of the way, hidden treasure. Take the time to hunt it up. The food is fresh and delicious every time. The sushi is absolutely worth the trip.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

When we first arrived it was dead in there on a Friday night. However it turned out to be a very nice meal. The service was good, the hibachi chef was great, and the food was the best hibachi I've had in a long time.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Minami Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!