“One of our favorite places when in town”

Hickory Falls Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Smyrna
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated. Casual restaurant featuring American favorites, sandwiches, salads, pasta, chicken, steaks & seafood. Everything fresh made on premise. Daily specials. Kid friendly, Sunday Brunch, Lunch and Dinner daily. Full Bar with daily specials and happy hour specials. Groups welcome. Reservations accepted for parties of 6 or more. Call-ahead seating available for any size party.
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We have family who live in the area and this is one of our favorite restaurants when we visit. The food is always good and the staff helpful. I have become a fan of their ribs. I understand there are many different styles around the country - these are my favorite. They fall off the bone and have a light BBQ sauce. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

I was in town alone on business and the place looked inviting from the street. After a long drive to get to town, I was looking forward to a good steak and a good drink. It was a disappointment that I found neither. I asked for a table, but the only tables were set up for parties of 8 or more. So I was stuck in a booth, which was most uncomfortable. I asked the waiter what the bar had available in bourbon. He responded that he was not sure, but they had "Jack." I told him that Jack Daniels was not a bourbon but a Tennessee Whiskey. He then noted that he had a list of all bar stock, which he brought to me. Only 2 bourbons on the list! Appalling. Hardly worth the effort. I ordered the bacon wrapped scallops as an appetizer, and a 16 ox ribeye with asparagus and cole slaw. The appetizer arrived with the steak. Totally unacceptable. I expressed my extreme displeasure that the appetizer did not come first, but the waiter could do little but apologize. The scallops were generally good, but cold, having obviously sat on the counter waiting to be picked up. The asparagus was mushy and overcooked. The cole slaw tasted like green peppers. The steak was cooked at one end nearly well done, and on the other end nearly raw. Odd. The manager said it was because the steaks are cooked over a hickory fire, which by nature has hot and cool spots. I noted that the least they could do was flip the steak while cooking it. Another "sorry." So bottom line was the bar sucked and the food was improperly cooked and the seat was very uncomfortable. So all in all, nothing to be pleased with. I considered it to be a wasted evening, and could not imagine ever eating there again or recommending it to anyone.

1  Thank TennTom4
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Hickory Falls when we arrived in TN for our long weekend. Our hotel recommended the place. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the service was first class and the food was top notch! Everything was delicious as reasonably priced!

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch today at this establishment, my first time their. Great menu, the decor is really nice, staff was friendly. It was hard to make decision on lunch, it all sounded so good I wanted try it all. Bu I settle on the Ruben sandwich with buffalo wings on the side. Let’s start with the wings, believe it or not, it is hard to find good wings, but this place knows how make them and the sauce was perfect, great flavor with just little bite. Generally if a place can make a great Ruben, the rest is pretty good as well. My guest and I both had the Ruben and it fantastic. Sloppy and great ! The fries are seasoned and really good. I will definitely visit again when I can back to Smyrna, so much more on the menu I want to try. They have great selection of steaks on the menu that I want try too.

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

My Dad and I recently met here for dinner. The food and service hit the mark. The steaks were cooked as requested and were tender and piping hot. In Smyrna this is the goto place.

Been to Hickory Falls Restaurant? Share your experiences!