“Okay hamburger, good mushrooms and ice cream”

Karin's Kustard & Hamburgers
Ranked #1 of 9 Quick Bites in Smyrna
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

I picked up a to go order for myself and some colleagues. Everyone agreed that the hot dogs and cheeseburgers just okay. The toppings on the burger were fresh - thick cut onion, tomato, etc. The burger itself was a little thin and dry. The fried mushrooms, on the other hand, were delicious! And the ice-cream was yummy, especially the chocolate. I will definitely go back for the mushrooms and to try some more ice cream, but I'll skip the sandwich.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

Good place to grab a bite and enjoy the fresh air and occasionally a train whistle! We go for the shakes at least once a week...best in town! Usual fair, kind of a tasty freeze flair from back in the day...burgers, dogs, chicken, fries, ice cream and of course their Shakes! Friendly staff and fair pricing.

Reviewed September 24, 2016

We stopped by on our way home for ice cream. Banana splits were ordered. Took a little longer than expected to rcv at walk up window. Something about a cup of soft serve with a few slices of banana and spoons of topping doesn't make a banana split. I would probably order something different in the future. Drive through was very busy.

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

This is no 5 star dining experience, but it's cute and the food is tasty. It's a nice little detour from the restaurant circuit. My kids enjoyed the picnic tables dining experience. It was a fun way to take them out for a meal while Mommy was working late. The soft serve ice cream was nice treat for the drive home. It reminds me of a little joint from my childhood.

Karin is also my daughter's name, so she had been begging me to go for quite some time. (See photo of happy little girl holding a strawberry ice cream cone). ☺ She wanted a souvenir t-shirt but was told they were out and searching for a new supplier.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

So Karin makes some decent ice cream. It's not the best I've ever had not the worst. The food on the other hand is an entirely different story. The only way I imagine this place stays open is that locals have a sense of duty to buy from there. My family went and got hamburgers and hot dogs, and corn dogs, and ice cream. The fries are below fast food grade frozen Sysco type fries, they are the cheapest thing money can buy from a food supplier. The burgers, if that incredibly thin tasteless mashed patty can be called that was terrible. Had no flavor, no substance, no redeeming quality. The hot dog was nothing special just a boiled hot dog. The corn dog was a frozen item that was deep fried into oblivion. It was served blackened, although not meant to be. The outer burnt crust was like chewing reused firewood. The only thing of any quality was the ice cream. If you must frequent this place but the frozen desserts. Stay away from the "food"