“PHENOMENAL hotel! We will DEFINITELY be back!”

Howard Johnson Hotel Spring City
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spring City
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I travel internationally, and stay in hotels and resorts constantly. All I can say is WOW! Dollar for dollar, this is truly one of the best hotels at which I have ever stayed. The room was large, with plenty of space for me and my daughters. It was also one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The customer service was excellent. The desk staff were all very attentive and helpful. They were friendly, courteous, and responsive to any inquiries and requests.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one of the bigger rooms. If noise bothers you much, ask for a room on the side aw...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Hotel Spring City

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I was extreamly satisfied with my stay. The hotel over all was very very clean. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay there a nice stay!!! Could not have asked for anything more!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2010

We had to go to a funeral in town and wanted to be as close to family as possible. The Howard Johnson was perfect. It was clean, and the room was lovely. Best of all, we were given a room with a ton of floor space AND a balcony. With four kids, that was very thoughtful of the receptionist. We appreciated the floor space because we have air mattresses that we use for two of the kids, and normally we have to step over them after we set up for bed; but in the room we had, there was plenty of space even with the mattresses set up. The balcony was a bonus, too, because that gave our boys another place to "be". Plus the weather was beautiful, so we were able to appreciate the summer-like weather.

One of the only negative aspects was not all that negative: there was no pool. Like most kids, our boys love swimming and look forward to it when we travel. They did love the theater the hotel had, but I would have liked for them to have had the opportunity to get be active (it was a ten hour drive to get to Spring City, and after the funeral we had another ten hour drive to our Spring Break destination in Myrtle Beach). Of course, we could have stayed about 30 minutes away, at a hotel with a pool, but as I said at the beginning, we wanted to be as close as possible to family. The pool was not the focal point of our stay.

The other negative was that our room smelled like smoke. The hotel did what they could to alleviate the smell, but it was pretty strong. We looked at another room that didn't smell like smoke, but it was not as big, and it didn't have the balcony, so we got a scented candle and aired out the room as much as possible. It wasn't a huge problem.

Other people complained about the noise of the train, but we barely noticed it, even though our room was facing the tracks. In fact, we appreciated the trains going by from time to time...maybe it's a little boy thing! :)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My mother, aunt & I spent 4 nights at this hotel in Spring City. It opened in Aug. 2007. We had a lower level room right by the side door which was protected by a fence, so we felt safe and we could park fairly close, leaving us with very little walking to our room, which was nice since mom is older and has trouble walking very far. It was very nice, had 2 queen beds & spacious bathroom. We were very comfortable and had plenty of room for our luggage & other bags. The only complaint was a light that shined on a tree right outside our window, which made it very light in the room. The heavy curtains did not close together and only a shear curtain hung over the window. We checked from the outside and were reassured that no one could see in. The light was automatic and went off about sunrise, so for a short time we had darkness in the room, but the rest of the time, it was almost the same as daylight. We went to bed at midnight & it just didn't seem like night time b/c it was so light.
Continental breakfast was the normal.... packaged muffins, Danish rolls, bread for toast & condiments, cereal, juice, milk & coffee. There was also a microwave & refrigerator in the room, which came in very handy as we had brought some food with us for the long drive.
The hotel had free wireless I-net in all rooms, as well as a computer & printer available for guests to use. There was a small fitness center. When the owner built the hotel, he opted for a 12-seat movie theater rather than a swimming pool and it was really nice although we didn't use it. The theater screen can be converted to a TV, so it was full on Sunday afternoon with guests watching football and the NASCAR race.
I would definitely stay there again. My uncle lives in the mountains south of Spring City, but did not have room for all the family members that drove from KS to TN for his 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Just a 10 minute drive for us from the hotel to his house. There was a Winstead's Restaurant right next door and other eating places very close by. The hotel was easy to get to off Hwy 68. Spring City is also about a 90 minute drive to the Smokey Mountain National Park & Pigeon Forge, which we toured one day.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This was my second visit to the Howard Johnson Spring City. The hotel is well furnished, clean, offers upscale amenities, and has a very nice staff that genuinely wants to make you happy. Overall, the hotel would be comparable in quality to a Hilton or Sheraton brand. Standard rooms are fairly typical, but if you pay a little more they do offer deluxe rooms as well as luxurious whirlpool suites (approx. 500 sq ft) complete with multiple TVs and a 6-jet in-room jacuzzi. Be sure to reserve these well in advance as these suites are limited due to their popularity. Other amenities I took advantage of were the free wireless internet and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We were on a trip to the Worlds Longest Yard sale and my husband took a chance and made reservations at this hotel with NO research! i was immediatelty terrified!! We were not looking forward to the surprise hotel! However we were completely shocked when we arrived at this HoJo!! I had never stayed at a HoJo before and was stunned when we walked in the lobby and saw the theatre. The rooms were beautiful with color and nice furnishings and had LCD Tvs. The room smelled great and felt very comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice large with a great selection of bath and body works products for your needs. The hotel even has a freezer outside the theatre that contained several varities of ice cream!! Overall this was BY FAR the best hotel we have stayed while on the yard sale and i fully intend to stay there again if possible! We actually compared all the other hotels to it, we would say this is nice but its NOT the HoJo!!! I HIGHLY reccomend this hotel!! I hope that HoJo follows suit and creates more hotels of this value and quality!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This hotel was nice. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. My ONLY real complaint was that it is directly across the street from the well used railroad tracks. We heard trains going through at 12:00 AM and again at 6:00 AM, (many times throughout the day but who cares about daytime?) The breakfast left a little to be desired. They had a fairly good variety (two cereals, yogurt, toast, bagels, plain oatmeal, plain grits, coffee, two juices, breakfast bars, and some fresh fruit.) Nothing that my teen-age kids really wanted or my husband (that really wants something hot like sausage biscuits) really wanted. There is a McDonald's two buildings away and a family restaurant right next door. (We ate at both.) The staff was very friendly and quick to help (we asked for extra towels and an extra key and got them immediately). We were in town for a wedding and this hotel was not the most convenient to everything we needed but over all I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
33.2 km away
Guest Inn
Guest Inn
#5 of 7 in Sweetwater

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel Spring City? Share your experiences!