Best Western Cades Cove Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$67
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Richmont Inn(Townsend)
US$180
US$160
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$99
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$120
US$79
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'm glad to take time to review Townsend View Rentals especially in light of this past weeks abnormal storms that took the lives of several in the Townsend Area.

I want to thank Carol for all her hard work the evening before we were to arrive. She spent much of her time on the phone with us and other customers communicating the status of the utilities in our cabins the day before we were to arrive. She told us she would call us any hour of the night to let us know when the power came back on so that we knew how to proceed with our vacation. She helped make alternative plans in the event that power wasn't restored by the time we arrived.

Thankfully , late in the evening a phone call from Carol came through telling us that power had been restored. She even made a personal visit to our cabin to be sure it had been cleaned for us since the lady that cleans the cabin was herself the victim of the storm and she herself had no power. Not only this but Carol had no power in her home and yet worked hard at making sure we were taken care of.

This is just one example of the years of service we have had from Townsend View Rentals. My promise to Townsend View Rentals was that as long as Sheri and Carol were there, we would stay with them.

Steve and Robyn

Room Tip: Pick one with a view. If your not sure just ask...they know the cabins and the views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We picked up our key from Carol & she was so friendly & helpful-- very nice management for these rentals. The cabin was huge & gorgeous -- complete with jacuzzi tub & hot tub on porch -- nestled deep in the woods with total seclusion. The decor is rustic luxury -- even a washer & dryer, and the pine walls and wood floors are so pretty.
Surrounded by the wild beauty of nature (so thankful there is still an area so unspoiled) we really enjoyed our stay at this charming getaway... and after the concrete & traffic of Dallas, this is just what the doctor ordered to unplug & chill out...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I'm torn on how to review this - we had family coming in from all over the country that rented a total of 7 cabins. We stayed in Moosetracks, Eagles View, Just Fore Play, Watercress Springs, Mountain Jewel, Southern Loft and Puterbaugh. The cabins were BEAUTIFUL - like one person said, it was like an old friend left you their key and told you to "Make yourself at home." All of us loved our accommodations.

On the other hand, the management staff (one woman in particular) was incredibly unprofessional, disorganized, and downright argumentative. At one point or another, each of the renters needed to contact the management staff for help with our reservations and nearly all of us were greeted with rudeness. There are so many examples I could use to cite their unprofessionalism - from the office that was closed during business hours when we arrived (after 9 hours of driving) to pick up our keys, to the snippy manager telling renters who asked for directions "I've already explained this to the bride but I'll explain it to you again." - the consensus among those who rented the 7 cabins was that the property owners here would be better served by choosing a new management company. Our rating on the cabins would be a 10!, but there are dozens of other beautiful cabins in the area that don't use the folks at Townsend View. We'll be exploring them when we visit again next year.

• Stayed: March 2011
8  Thank BitterBeans
TVCR2011, General Manager at Townsend View Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

We, at Townsend View Cabin Rentals, were taken completely by surprise by this review. Our guests normally go out of their way to praise our level of service. They return year after year, time after time, and comment that we go out of our way to accommodate our guests. Obviously, this group’s experience as described is NOT what we want! We do sincerely apologize. This post was the first communication that I personally saw or heard regarding any issues with this group. I have contacted the bride for further clarification so that I may better resolve their concerns. We pride ourselves on friendliness, cleanliness, amazing cabins, places to stay that as the person said “is like an old friend left you the key” with the desire to make every trip to the mountains a wonderful experience. Indeed as stated by the person who posted, in March, when the wedding guests came to Townsend, our office was open only during our reduced winter hours, however we are always only a phone call away! Our strongest desire is that ALL our guests enjoy a most excellent Great Smoky Mountain experience! For any comments or concerns, please contact me directly.
Thank you!
Carol Murray, General Manager at 877-898-8822.

Reviewed November 27, 2009

We made our third stay with Townsend View Rentals. All I can say is "we will never stay anywhere else"! It's just like coming home. We always stay at Moose Tracks. The cabin is always VERY clean. I only wish we could stay FOREVER!!

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank 10aclover
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I came across a winter special offered by Townsend View Rentals and thought I would get away for a few days to the Quiet Side of the Smokies. I've stayed in hotels in Townsend twice before and been happy, but this time I wanted to take my work with me and needed a place to spread it out. That called for a cabin or cottage. After reading and re-reading their website about 12 times, looking at every single cabin, I decided on the Puterbaugh cabin. I was delighted with my choice. The website offers numerous inside and outside photos of each property, and Puterbaugh was exactly as represented. Actually, it was even better. I've stayed in condos and timeshares that were furnished inexpensively and sparsely. Not Puterbaugh! As I wrote in their guest book, it was like a friend said "We won't be home, but we will leave the key under the mat. Make yourself at home." Oh yes, and it was spotless too. The agents at Townsend View are very helpful, especially with us first-timers. Their welcome packet includes a great map to the property, all highlighted and with distances. They were great, and so was Puterbaugh which overlooks the golf course out both the front and back porches. Great location about 3 miles from the highway. Peaceful, quiet, beautiful. I'll be back.

3  Thank TullahomaTraveler
pdender, Owner at Townsend View Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2009

TullahomeTraveler,

I am the owner of Townsend View Rentals and would like to thank you for the wonderful review. We have some awesome property owners and they all furnish their homes to please the guests. Puterbaugh is a great property and has been very successful in the past. I will pass along your response to them and let them know how much you enjoyed your stay in their home. I am glad to see you will be back in the future, we offer a 10% discount if we don't have a special running during the time you wish to stay.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Paul Dender