“Buyer Beware”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Townsend View Rentals
Reviewed 10 June 2017

My sister and I stayed at Maggies Cabin, one of Townsend View Cabin Rentals properties from May 9 to May 11, 2017. This jplace looks and sounds great online and is charming from the outside. But soon after entering the cabin we found that there were many problems. The toilet sits on wooden blocks and when you sit on it you go for a ride. It rocks and sinks and bounces about. It feels like it may fall through the floor, which seems to be rotting. The cabin is dirty. The cooking pots and pans are mostly old, worn, badly scratched teflon. Some are actually dirty. The screened back porch, which we looked forward to enjoying, is a storage place for yard tools, hoses, buckets and junk and is filthy. There is no table on the porch. There was a hot tub which appeared to be leaking. We did not use that. The instructions for the tv were unclear and when I called Sherry for clarification she determined that she didn't know how to get it working and could not come to help or send anyone else. When I asked "So you're saying we're stuck?" she replied "Yes". Her answer for the dirty pots was that the cleaning people could not be responsible to see that they had been cleaned properly. The answer for the dirty condition of the cabin was that the cleaning crew was new. But it was clear that the dirt was very old. The furniture was peeling varnish and scarred. A lamp shade was filthy and had a hole in it. The oven was not working and had a note on it that a part had been ordered. However a guest before us had written "How long has it been this way?" This was a very disappointing experience that I don't want others to have. There was no wifi and no phone service. And Sherry was clearly not interested in helping when I called about the tv. Fortunately it was only a two night stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank fats3

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Actually, I would avoid Townsend View Rentals all together. We stayed at Maggie's Cabin for 2 nights in May, 2017. I'm so glad we only booked for 2 nights. The cabin was not clean, as indicated in the photos. The microwave had not been cleaned for some time. The back porch had chairs, no table and was being used as a storage place by the owners. There was even a saw on the floor, which could have been dangerous if children had been staying there. The oven door was broken, which made it inoperable. We were not informed of that ahead of time and only found our by a note taped to the oven door. The toilet was installed with pieces of blocks under it, which made it very unsteady. Again, that was not included in the description of the cabin. The tv instructions did not work and when we called for help, she told us she could not come to help because she had her grandchildren and had hurt her knee. Since there were 2 people listed as agents, I would think that one of them could spare the time to help. She never came and never called to see if we worked it out. The pots and pans were greasy and had Teflon chipping off. We spent a good bit of time searching for light switches, which are not where you would expect them to be for specific lights. To sum up, I would never rent this cabin again and would avoid Townsend View Rentals all together since I assume all of the cabins are managed the same. I am attaching photos for your review.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank dswalt
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Finally getting a chance to write my second review for my second visit here in January 2017 Again I can't say enough how nice this place is. Also got to say we got a few inches of snow and the roads were cleared in a reasonable amount of time salted so we were able to get out and do some sightseeing again which was very nice and again the place is very clean and charming I would recommend this placing any of the other cabins as a matter of fact we will be going there again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Cozy up cabin very happy we chose this place. First the reviews were good and booking on line was flawless and received a discount for booking online. Second value for dollar was excellent. Very clean nice area and comfortable . Nice amenities again value for dollar. We live here in East Tennessee and it was a 40 mile ride for us close to home but a nice getaway. We will definitely come here again also it is nice to have a security entrance as well. And they accommodated my wife with a delevirery of a gift for me which was special. These properties are clean well managed you can not miss by staying here. 5 Star rating in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We were so pleased when we pulled up to the Bear Footin' Cabin and saw the river almost right out the back door! The Cabin is decorated as the typical cabin get away including bears,ducks, and beautiful quilts on the beds! There is sleeping for 12 with lots of room so that you are not in each others way all of the time! The cabin has a fire pit, two grilles and of course a river right out side the door! The cabin is close to eating and shopping. There is also a tubing station just down the road! And you are far enough away from the busyness of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg but both towns are with in 15 miles.

Room Tip: Checkout their webpage for more cabin choices and pictures!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

These cabins are CLEAN! My family has rented cabins from here several times, different cabins for different occasions (large fam, small fam, couples). They are a distance from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but worth it. The views are wonderful and as mentioned, they have always been clean. Close to grocery and gas stations. And Cades Cove which is fun if you can find the time.

No wifi though... fyi

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

Rented cabin for Christmas. Sheri and staff were extremely helpful and courteous in all planning. Cabin (Creekside) was a perfect get away for our family of 5. Enjoyed the quiet side of the smokies. Staff at rental company were always pleasant and accommodated all our requests.

• Stayed: December 2014