“Eat it all!”

Lone Star Grill
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Bacliff
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 14, 2015

We stumbled upon this little gem while looking for somewhere to get some good crawfish. WOW! They have different levels of spice for the crawfish and depending on how adventurous you are, go for it! Even when crawfish are not in season they have great food. They have a platter that comes with boiled crawfish, shrimp, king crab legs and snow crab legs, and it is fantastic! My husband always gets their broiled oysters also. They come with different toppings like applewood bacon or Gorgonzola cheese and are flame broiled. They are great! We always leave satisfied and the prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Kristina T

Reviewed April 25, 2015 via mobile

the baseball sirloin was cooked medium perfectly. I expected it to be rare in the center like what I have received at the big steakhouses before so I was pleasantly surprised. The green beans were nicely seasoned and the mashed potatoes were real, not instant. I will be back to try other dishes.

1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed April 22, 2015

We stopped in on our way from Galveston to Houston and the meal was very, very good. The fried shrimp was amazing and plentiful! Great Texas ambience!

1  Thank Laurie H
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Had a pulled pork bbq sandwich with a beer. Bbq had a very good taste and I was told it is homemade at the restaurant. Anyways it was good and filling.

1  Thank Dominic V
Reviewed December 14, 2014

My brother and his son had eaten here recently and we decided to take my parents there for Mother's birthday. She requested steak and my brother's had been excellent.

The atmosphere is very casual (concrete floors) and since we had just come from church we were WAY overdressed. They have renovated an auto repair shop with several areas that would be comfortable for different occasions. All are spacious and Mother had no problem managing to get down the aisle and to the restrooms with her walker.

At one end is an area where there are round bar tables with bar chairs, in the center is the actual bar, which is done nicely, in front of this is a raised area with tables for people. It appeared to be a great area for a big group.

At the opposite end is the kitchen and in-between are booths and table where we sat. As the swinging doors opened to the kitchen I glanced in and it appeared to be very organized and clean.

They have specials that are not on the menu. Dad tried the red snapper (@ $10), Mom ordered the 6 oz. Filet (@ $30), my brother ordered the ribeye (probably the same as the Filet) and I ordered the dinner quesadilla (@ $13).

On Thursday night their steaks are half price and if I were going to try one I would go on that night. I feel that $30 is pricey for the venue and what I observed. Mom said hers was very good. My brother had some fat an grizzle which he separated from what I thought was not a very generous thickness of ribeye for the price. He claimed it was good. Dad said his fish was OK. My quesadillas were great. I would have preferred a more generous portion of sour cream, guacamole, and pico, but I am sure I could have asked for more. I took half home. My husband devoured it when I arrived.

The filet had sautéed spinach which Mom said was good, and some grilled potato wedges (no salad is included). The ribeye had the potatoes and green beans which looked one fresh. Dad asked them to exchange an item on his plate which he was not aware of (and Dad did not eat) and they graciously obliged.

They also have a Ladies Night where drinks are half price and I believe there is another perk in there but forget right now. My peach margarita was good but I have had better (@ $7).

We tried their Oatmeal Crusted Fried Brie, which was delicious but not very generous. Five chunks of Brie with a drizzle of raspberry sauce underneath (would have been better on top) at a cost of about $8.

I did see an order of their onion rings come out and they looked fabulous. I will try them next time. They have fried pickles and much more.

As we sat, visiting and eating, the restaurant never filled to capacity but there was a pretty constant influx of patrons in and out. I observed generous portions of fried chicken, chicken fried steak, and other items being served.

Our service was great. The ladies who helped us in and waited on our tables did a great job.

I am sure we will return to try out some other menu items and I will let you know how that goes . . . give it a try!

1  Thank Susan S