“The good, the bad, & the ugly”
Review of Lone Star Grill

Lone Star Grill
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Bacliff
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

The good, the bad, & the ugly...
I started going to Lone Star Grill last year during crawfish season after rave reviews & seeing a few of my friends there literally a several times a week! Friends went on & on about how amazing the crawfish & boil pots were...and they were RIGHT!! I even became a Lone Star Grill advocate, telling everyone to go there!! The crawfish is seasoned perfectly & I love that I could get the "burn your lips off" while my family could get milder crawfish. That's the GOOD!! And this is the only reason I rated it at 2☆
Now for the BAD...with the exception of ONE time at happy hour, EVERY other time we went the service was subpar or really bad!! The hostesses have never been pleasant!! One time we actual stood at the front door for a couple minutes while the hostesses talked to each other & never acknowledged us till my husband ask if we should seat ourselves & then they seemed annoyed that we "bothered" them. Although the service was poor we'd continue to return for the reasonably priced yummy crawfish.
Which brings me to the UGLY!! My son is active duty military and stationed in Wyoming, as I'm sure you can imagine you can't get crawfish up there. He came home a few days (March 10th-14th) and one of the things he requested was good crawfish!! So after a super long busy day Monday (We were cramming lots of stuff into those few days) I looked online to see what time Lone Star Grill closed. I checked Google, Facebook, & even the website it all said closes at 10pm, since it was a little before 9pm we headed over there. We walked in at 9:05pm and yet again no one acknowledged us, I asked the young lady standing between the hostess stand & bar where could we sit. She replied "anywhere" my son's girlfriend & I went to the restroom and when we came out my son was upset, he said they told him the kitchen was closed and they would not serve us food!! I called the young lady over & questioned this since all the places I looked said closing at 10pm and NO WHERE did it say the kitchen closed an hour earlier. She was very short and rude and said, "I don't know what else you want me to say, the kitchen is closed" So I showed her on YOUR website it said 10pm as well as on other areas of the internet, I mentioned my son was from out of town for just one more night & really wanted crawfish that's why we came. That's when she yelled over to the bar asking about the "kitchen closing time" the bartender told us the kitchen closes an hour before the restaurant and it wasn't their fault if the internet had the wrong times listed!! I even pointed out it wasn't just Google, it was Lone Star Grill's own FB & website!! We were COMPLETELY dismissed!! The young lady walked away & left us standing at the table!!! I caught the attention of a male employee who was DELIVERING HOT FRESH CRAWFISH to another table & said the kitchens closed, is that really all the crawfish you have left? He just shrugged his shoulders and kept walking. So I asked the young lady again, are you sure you don't have a few pounds of crawfish, that's all we wanted & the other table just got some. We were told it was because they ordered BEFORE 9pm!! We walked in at 9:05 not 9:45 or 9:55!! I use to work in the food industry and make it a point to not walk into a place less than 30 minutes prior to closing!!
At this point I looked up Hugh & Jeff's number who also had a crawfish special going & was they were still serving!! So we went there & although they didn't offer the variety of mild to hot, the crawfish had good seasoning!!
It's a crying shame that you've got great cooks in the kitchen but they rest of the place is so poor!! I've frequented Lone Star Grill as well as shared on social media several times about the wonderful crawfish but I can guarantee you I won't in the future!! BUSINESSES DON'T SURVIVE WITHOUT CUSTOMERS!! And continued poor customer service is unacceptable!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2016

The food here is not bad at all. It's just not as good as some other places. Average pretty much sums it up. The jalapeno poppers were kind of tough. The fried seafood platter was pretty good, but the fries were just a little soggy. My wife had a jalapeno burger and said it was ok. The meat was pretty tasteless, but the veggies were fresh.
As for the service, Robert was very good. He told us he was new there and we could tell, but he did very well. He was very attentive and friendly. Wish I could have rated it a little higher because the service and atmosphere are excellent, but the food just didn't impress.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

Lunch Buffet can be sketchy. You never know what you're going to get. This place makes it easy. If its on their menu, its probably on the buffet. No kidding. Can't decide between chicken strips, chicken fried steak or any of the other great main dishes....go for lunch, get the buffet! You will not be disappointed. And everything is fresh and delicious always! And the price..you can't beat it for under $10 ALL you can eat! Oh and the salad bar is just as great!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

The manager of the restaurant is very friendly - food that we had was from the lunch buffet - good value.

1  Thank Elaine P
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place to meet with family that would have good food and a family atmosphere..this was a great choice. Enjoyed crayfish, salads, shrimp, and drinks for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Ron T