All reviews state park fire pit west texas fort davis tourist court worked great other guests beds were comfortable would stay again air conditioner van horn el paso motel microwave ritz alpine
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to frequent a locally owned quaint place with such good reviews. I’m a single mom and this was to be the first stop on our 3 day move across country with my 9 year old daughter. When I called it seemed so friendly and I was assured I didn’t need a confirmation number as “my name was in the book and that would hold the room”. I mentioned we would be late and was assured again we would have a space. Upon our arrival tonight, the office was dark and locked. Both the main number and “emergency” number went to an answering machine. I rang the doorbell several times to no avail. So after a long day of physical and emotional exhaustion, I got back into the car to search for another place for us to stay. : (

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2018

Although I did not meet Bob, one of the owners, I had the pleasure of meeting his wife. I'd called a day earlier for a room but Karen said they were booked but was kind enough to list my name on the top of the list should there be a cancellation. As luck would have it someone dropped out & I had a room for the night. Balmorhea is a small Texas town which has yet to see rain fall this year. From what I could tell its a hard working blue collar town, the salt of the earth. Not much to do after the sun goes down. The reason I chose it was it was past midway between Santa Fe, NM & San Antonio, Texas, my ultimate destination. Arriving late Karen met me at the desk, ran me through the WiFi instructions and shared a couple of good places to have breakfast the next morning. I was very pleased that my room wa very clean, comfortable and someone had turned on the air conditioner before my arrival given the outside temperatures for the day was 99 degrees. Guests can gather around them there are things for the kids to do and the property is pet friendly. .

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a good stay. Not a new or fancy place, but the room was clean (if a little rough around the edges), had a comfortable bed, and was quiet for sleeping.
Good stay for the price - would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We were excited after reading previous reviews on here about staying at the Eleven Inn and extended our day of driving in order to be able to enjoy what we anticipated being a quaint vintage room. This review is for room 8 only as that was where we stayed. Perhaps other rooms are better but this was our experience.

We arrived around 9:15 and paid $74 including tax for a One queen bed room which didn’t include breakfast. Two full beds are $92 and 2 queens are $119. We had a nice conversation with the owner about his living in Mexico City and running the Eleven Inn. We enjoyed our visit and as others mentioned he is a great guy.

He had turned the heater on for us in our room which was appreciated. When we entered the room there was a foul odor which appeared to be septic or sewer related. Since it was late and we assumed we had gotten the last available room we decided to plug our noses and go to bed.

I opened the fridge to put in food from our ice chest and the freezer section was in need of defrosting so my ice bags and frozen items wouldn’t fit in the freezer. When I entered the bathroom I was surprised to see paint and texture peeling off the ceiling and walls all around the bathroom. I sat on the bed and the light on the night stand came on. Got up and it went off. Hubby checked the outlet which was hanging out of the wall and attempted to push it back in. Once he did the light didn’t come on when we sat on the bed or at all.

There was no headboard on the bed and the wall behind was very dark with paint rubbed off. TV was very small but worked fine once we got the Dish TV control box plugged back in and operating.

The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The Inn hosts primarily workers who service the oil industry so there was early morning noise but it was short lived and we were back to sleep in no time.

When it was time to take a shower I noticed mold and soap scum staining the shower walls and grout. The shower was comfortable with good water pressure but the drain wasn’t draining properly so we both stood in a few inches of water during our showers.

Some furniture has paint splotches on it and not in a shabby chic sort of way. Also upon closer scrutiny of the bathroom there was wall paint misplaced on the trim and corners lacking being finished with paint.

I let the wife know about the shower not draining, fridge freezer needing a defrost and the odor in the room. She said that she would unplug the fridge and let it defrost, tell her husband about the shower drain since she doesn’t run it long enough during cleaning to see the drainage issue and shrugged her shoulders about the odor and said sorry about the issues.

The outside was quaint and perhaps other rooms are in better condition but I would not have booked this place had I known what was in store for us in room 8.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank 729BillC
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I loved my stay here at the Eleven Inn. Our bed was brand new, everything was clean and well appointed at such a bargain price! Not FANCY, don't get me wrong but very nice, especially for the price!! The owners were so nice and recommended restaurants and places to go look at the starry sky. Being able to park almost right in front of our room made loading and unloading easy!

Date of stay: October 2017