“Fantastic re-visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
The Bandera Stronghold
Ranked #2 of 10 Bandera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We spent some time here after the craziness that is the holidays. This visit was just 3 months after our initial stay for our anniversary. This place just amazes me. The waters so clear; I caught some glimpses of wildlife (deer, turkey, racoons). Jon & Tricia are the sweetest & provide everything you will need......including privacy. We enjoyed the hot tub on a cold night which was soooooo relaxing. This is now our new favorite "getaway" spot. Perfect for relaxation & romance. :)

Room Tip: We've stayed in both cabins and they are equally amazing!!!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Bandera Stronghold

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We took our dogs with us to Crazy Horse cabin and had a wonderful time. The creek is beautiful and we saw lots of fish, hummingbirds, red cardinals, and deer! The cabin is very clean and well maintained, and the back deck has a great view of the water (the hot tub was also great, very clean and refreshing). Trisha and Jon are very welcoming hosts and we had a great trip overall. The atmosphere is peaceful and we left recharged for the week ahead. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed 13 June 2016

This property is awesome. The cabin is super clean and cozy and has everything you need even games like scrabble. The river, right in your 'backyard" is the perfect setting. This is a beautiful getaway. It was perfect for my hubby and I. Swim, catch and release, bar b q, hot tub, star gazing, peace and tranquility.. Thank you so much Jon and Tricia. We will be back very soon.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
pm742, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank you so much!! Your comments mean the world to us and we really appreciate you being our guests! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Crazy Horse for two nights. This quaint, quiet, and comfy cabin is definitely a place to go when you want to get away from it all. We had never been to Bandera before and wanted to see what it was about. The cabin is secluded but close enough to town if you need something. We missed our wifi and cable but did enjoy the hot tub! :) It is a beautiful place, and I'm sure even more beautiful once everything begins to turn green. The owners respected our privacy but we're only a text away if you had a need. Thank you, Jon and Tricia!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Tmartin2015, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review! We were glad to have you as our guests and hope you found Bandera an interesting & fun place to visit.

One of these days we'll try to add cable and wifi (though wifi & cellular service here has been difficult even in our home). Our focus now is still the primitive driveway!! Believe it or not, it's better than it used to be!

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I recently spent seven glorious days, just me and my dog, at the Red Cloud cabin. It was more than I ever could have wished for ~ quiet mornings having coffee on the porch watching wildlife and the amazingly tranquil Mason Creek, afternoons on the banks of the creek, reading, playing ball with the dog and cooling off in the cool, clear water. This place is truly medicine for the soul, nights are so quiet and peaceful, not a bit of traffic noise or lights.
I am in love with the fact that there is no cable TV or wi-fi (I think it's great to disconnect and remind ourselves what 'living' really is). I had ample phone service (AT&T) and enjoyed a good movie before bed on the DVDs that were provided.
I left inspired and renewed and will definitely be planning a return trip soon. Tricia and Jon were ideal host who provided everything you could possibly need for a memorable, refreshing getaway.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Tmartin2015, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Thank you for such a meaningful review. I'm actually a bit speechless and have goosebumps from such thoughtful and kind words. Reviews like this make all of our efforts so worth it. I know who you are and look very forward to seeing you again too :)

Reviewed 13 September 2015

My husband and I escaped to the Stronghold for a relaxing evening together. One word: breathtaking. The cabin was spotless and cute, the grounds were beautiful, and Mason Creek was stunning. We spent our evening and the next day lounging in the creek/river, which is crystal clear and had just the right flow. The water was perfect.
The hot tub on the back porch was warm and inviting (and also spotless).
The owners have done a fantastic job capturing this properties natural beauty and making it a retreat for anyone looking to get away. The have bbq grills and a fire pit to enjoy as well.
Coming from a background with a Fortune 500 hotel chain with very high standards, it is safe to say that I was amazed at the attention to detail and the welcoming atmosphere. Jon and Tricia Martin (owners) are fabulous people who did everything possible to ensure our stay was a quiet and appreciated one. We will definately be back very soon (when we can stay longer).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca J

Thank you!! I'm just a bit late in responding to all these Trip Advisor reviews. Your kind words make everything we do to ensure our guests have a good experience all the more meaningful!

So, when will we see you again?

Tricia :)

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Rented the Crazy Horse cabin for a relaxing weekend. Cabin is beautiful and modern. Sitting on the deck listening to the wildlife and the creek was very relaxing and the hot tub was the icing on the cake for total relaxation. Also enjoyed watching the hummingbirds and deer close by. Took a dip in the clear water creek and only about 10 minutes to downtown Bandera. The property is far from a main road so no traffic noise. Just you and nature which is just what I wanted. Such a great place overall and if I ever head back that way I would love to stay again! Just one note, bring a vehicle with some ground clearance. The driveway is a little primitive which my Jeep and I liked. But a small car may not fare well.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan H
Tmartin2015, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Thank you Jonathan! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your wonderful review and comments.

Best wishes,
Tricia Martin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
8.0 km away
19.1 km away
Medina River Ranch Resort
Medina River Ranch Resort
#19 of 24 in Bandera

Been to The Bandera Stronghold? Share your experiences!