US$65
Twin Elm Guest Ranch(Bandera)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$108
Pioneer River Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$35
Pitchup.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$175
Flying L Ranch Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We took our dogs with us to Crazy Horse cabin and had a wonderful time. The creek is beautiful and we saw lots of fish, hummingbirds, red cardinals, and deer! The cabin is very clean and well maintained, and the back deck has a great view of the water (the hot tub was also great, very clean and refreshing). Trisha and Jon are very welcoming hosts and we had a great trip overall. The atmosphere is peaceful and we left recharged for the week ahead. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed June 13, 2016

This property is awesome. The cabin is super clean and cozy and has everything you need even games like scrabble. The river, right in your 'backyard" is the perfect setting. This is a beautiful getaway. It was perfect for my hubby and I. Swim, catch and release, bar b q, hot tub, star gazing, peace and tranquility.. Thank you so much Jon and Tricia. We will be back very soon.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
pm742, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Thank you so much!! Your comments mean the world to us and we really appreciate you being our guests! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Crazy Horse for two nights. This quaint, quiet, and comfy cabin is definitely a place to go when you want to get away from it all. We had never been to Bandera before and wanted to see what it was about. The cabin is secluded but close enough to town if you need something. We missed our wifi and cable but did enjoy the hot tub! :) It is a beautiful place, and I'm sure even more beautiful once everything begins to turn green. The owners respected our privacy but we're only a text away if you had a need. Thank you, Jon and Tricia!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Tmartin2015, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review! We were glad to have you as our guests and hope you found Bandera an interesting & fun place to visit.

One of these days we'll try to add cable and wifi (though wifi & cellular service here has been difficult even in our home). Our focus now is still the primitive driveway!! Believe it or not, it's better than it used to be!

Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

I recently spent seven glorious days, just me and my dog, at the Red Cloud cabin. It was more than I ever could have wished for ~ quiet mornings having coffee on the porch watching wildlife and the amazingly tranquil Mason Creek, afternoons on the banks of the creek, reading, playing ball with the dog and cooling off in the cool, clear water. This place is truly medicine for the soul, nights are so quiet and peaceful, not a bit of traffic noise or lights.
I am in love with the fact that there is no cable TV or wi-fi (I think it's great to disconnect and remind ourselves what 'living' really is). I had ample phone service (AT&T) and enjoyed a good movie before bed on the DVDs that were provided.
I left inspired and renewed and will definitely be planning a return trip soon. Tricia and Jon were ideal host who provided everything you could possibly need for a memorable, refreshing getaway.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Tmartin2015, Owner at The Bandera Stronghold, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

Thank you for such a meaningful review. I'm actually a bit speechless and have goosebumps from such thoughtful and kind words. Reviews like this make all of our efforts so worth it. I know who you are and look very forward to seeing you again too :)

Reviewed September 13, 2015

My husband and I escaped to the Stronghold for a relaxing evening together. One word: breathtaking. The cabin was spotless and cute, the grounds were beautiful, and Mason Creek was stunning. We spent our evening and the next day lounging in the creek/river, which is crystal clear and had just the right flow. The water was perfect.
The hot tub on the back porch was warm and inviting (and also spotless).
The owners have done a fantastic job capturing this properties natural beauty and making it a retreat for anyone looking to get away. The have bbq grills and a fire pit to enjoy as well.
Coming from a background with a Fortune 500 hotel chain with very high standards, it is safe to say that I was amazed at the attention to detail and the welcoming atmosphere. Jon and Tricia Martin (owners) are fabulous people who did everything possible to ensure our stay was a quiet and appreciated one. We will definately be back very soon (when we can stay longer).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca J

Thank you!! I'm just a bit late in responding to all these Trip Advisor reviews. Your kind words make everything we do to ensure our guests have a good experience all the more meaningful!

So, when will we see you again?

Tricia :)