“Good Food, but a Littlle Pricey”

Viejo's Tacos y Tequila
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 10, 2018

The food was very good. I really liked the variety and range of sauces and salsa. The atmosphere is wonderful. The portions are small for the price, so be prepared to pay a little more. They do have live entertainment at night - mostly on weekends.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

First trip to Bastrop, while visiting friends my wife and I went to VIEJO's and were very impressed with the hospitality and overall experience we had. The Tacos were delicious and the cocktails were some of the very best we've had. We will definitely come back to VIEJO's on our next trip

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The service was great. We sat outside. The tacos were terrific. I had carne asada and chicken asada. Both delicious. The margaritas are so good - some of the best ever. I definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Excellent and very fresh tex-mex! The steak fajitas and smoky margarita were incredible.

For desert try the cheesecake in a shotglass! Perfect portion and yummy!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Viejos is a great place with cuisine that expands beyond the usual Tex-Mex. It has a nice variety of foods that "explore" new combinations of flavors and ingredients. Try the salsas if you want to experiment with new kinds of spicy pleasures. Best of all, for me, is their Mexican martinis — the best I have had.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Viejo's Tacos y Tequila? Share your experiences!