“Best BBQ ”
Review of Millers Smokehouse

Millers Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We started the way any great barbecue shop should – from the ground up. Built on the backs of family, we pride ourselves on maintaining a grass roots/screened-in front door heritage by welcoming people in our doors as if inviting them into our own home. Once you find yourself in Belton, Texas, you’ll smell why Texas Monthly Magazine recently named us a “Top 50 Best BBQ Joint”. Dirk lights the pits before dawn every morning to create the smoke signal that locals have come to love. So we invite you to stop by sometime and have a drink while sampling some of the finest eating around. We’ll leave the front door open for you and you’ll find us out back – “smoking the good stuff.”
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch. I had the brisket with buttered potatoes and coleslaw. The brisket was juicy and very tender melt in your mouth. Had lots of good smoke flavor. The butter potatoes were delicious as was the coleslaw. This place very busy at lunch. They also have home baked deserts. Millers was rated as one of the best BBQ in the world. You won’t be disappointed!!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here on a recent business lunch. Ribs were very good. I also had the sliced brisket which had a good flavor however the 2 pieces I had were fatty. More so than I have had at most.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

On our way to Fort Worth I scheduled a pit stop to find Miller’s Smokehouse since it was listed as one of the top Texas Monthly 50 best bbq places to eat at. So I exited I-35 in Belton TX to make my way there. The town itself is very nice and presentable where there are many shops and eateries.

I was lucky finding a street parking spot right in front of the place but there is a huge lot across the street. The place looks reasonably new and fresh and enter from the side. There was a line but not too long. The end started at the desert counter with lots of selections and apparently the coffee is here is great to go with it. So first place I have traveled to see both a bbq place and coffee shop.

It was time to order and got the usual brisket and pork ribs. The hallmark in my bbq tour comparisons. The place is very clean but like every bbq I have to learn where to order, pickup food, and what to do with trash. This place has a separate area for take home pickups. The seating decor is a little artsy where different types and colors of chairs are placed at the tables. They even have a small stage setup. When we ordered we were asked if we were planning to sit inside or in the patio. With the weather being cold it was all inside and the patio area had garage doors that open towards the street. So I was given a number 100 written on a piece of paper which was the assigned table number. The staff knows when a table is open so customers don’t keep wondering around finding a place to sit. Nice idea!

Soon our food arrived and looked tasty and great presentation. I had also ordered potato salad and macaroni & cheese. The brisket was moist and thick. It was very delicious and mouth watering. Definitely worthy of one of the best in Texas. Enjoyed it very much. Next was the pork ribs which had a very nice taste to it. Order a half rack and ate most of it where my wife has the rest. The meat practically fell off the bone. Excellent!

The macaroni & cheese was good but was a bit too cheesy fir me. The potato salad was a bit watery and needed to be thicker. But the meat makes up for it and this place will be a regular stopping point when I drive to the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a casual, laid back place with great BBQ, you need to go to Miller’s! I am a fan of their moist brisket and homemade desserts.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Great sliced moist brisket sandwich and the broccoli salad is also very good. Most of the time I don't even put BBQ sauce on the sandwich because it is so tasty on it's on.