“Ideally situated for Big Spring” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Big Spring

La Quinta Inn & Suites Big Spring
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Sunderland, England
“Ideally situated for Big Spring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We had a short stopover here on our way to historic Fredericksburg. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the accommodation was spotlessly clean and comfortable - in fact given this is a chain establishment the staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure visitors still receive an individual experience. There is a very reasonably priced cajan texan kitchen restaurant nearby which is useful if you do not want to drive too far for dinner at night. Breakfast at the Inn was fairly basic but fine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cag65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The staff is great. A full hot breakfast. And the rooms are wonderful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Odessa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and the people there were absoulutely wonderful. I always stay at a La Quinta hotel when I travel, and this hotel ranks up there. I especially enjoy the cleanliness of the room and the beds are super comfortable. Even though I get up early in the morning for breakfast, the staff was very helpful and cheerful. They always looked at me with a smile. I strongly recommend if you are traveling through Big Spring.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

late checking in after horrible experiences in 2 nearby hotels.

The room was large and clean, the bed super comfortable, the check in staff wonderful and gave me a discount after hearing my horror stories of the earlier part of my night.
Pretty good continental breakfast in the morning, and an on the ball WIFI tech to straighten out the service connection problem.
Definately would stop there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank schell1945
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed at this property in Sept 2011, and was extremely disappointed. There is no attention to details and it is hard to believe that this hotel is only 2 years old! Here are just a few of the discrepancies that were noted and brought to the staff's attention with little or no action.
1. Dirty pool/hot tub as well as the some of the pool furniture.
2. Room end tables had missing and or broken handles.
3. Closet door had a piece of metal protruding from back which is a safety hazard.
4. Towels (some) in room were badly frayed
5. Base boards in some areas were broken and torn from walls
6. Bathroom floor corners were very dirty
7. Trash can in front of hotel was overflowing and additional trash piled next to it

Additionally, when I brought this to the attention to the front desk  and asked to speak to the manager on duty I was told that the assistant manager was out of town and that they were not able to get in touch with the manager. It wasn't until a few hours later when I was talking to the La Quinta Returns Desk manager at the front desk that that miraculously the clerk was able to get in touch with the manager on the phone and she said if I was not happy I could go to another hotel. Doing this time another couple came to the front desk and complained that the room they were assigned was already occupied. I mention this as another indication of how poorly this hotel is operated.

When the manager finally came to the property, she had a terrible attitude and quite perturbed that she had been bothered and suggested once again that perhaps I should find another hotel. She further stated that there was no assistant manager as the clerk had told me earlier and that she told the clerk that she did not want to be called. "Someone is not being very truthful here!" She did have the front desk clerk clean up the trash in the front of the hotel but seemed oblivious to the other problems.
I have since tried to call her for 3 days but she never seems to be at the property and an individual who answered on one of my calls said she was the assistant manager (even though I was previously told there was no assistant manager) and said she has no idea when the manager would be on the property.

Also, I did not find the staff exceptionally friendly, helpful and always forthright which I attribute to the example and poor leadership of the general manager, Lisa Vera. Until the hotel owner changes management, I would never even consider staying at this property.
I am attaching some pictures of the some of the discrepancies noted above.

I

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JD5636
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Big Spring, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you very much for your frank review and comments. I am very sorry that your stay wasn't enjoyable and you felt our staff didn't address your concerns. I want you to know that your comments have been forwarded to the owners and we will address them!
We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests and although I don't know why you were made to feel that they didn't care and wouldn't help, we'll bring up the issues with the staff and reinforce the need to put the guest first!
As you can see from our other guest reviews, your stay is not indicative of the standards we strive for and we hope you'll give us another chance.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

While I traveled through Big Spriing on a family trip I stayed at the Big Spring La Quinta Inn. The rooms were awesome. The service was friendly and professional. It had everything to offer I needed with free internet, pool for the kids, and a relaxing hot tub for Mom and Dad. The breakfast menu was great. I checked in with the evening staff and they were very informative of all the motel had to offer me during my stay. I will always choose a La Quinta Inn when I am away from home!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were so tired when we arrived however, your staff, especially a young lady named Melinda was very nice and helpful. I live far away from here but I would certainly stay again if I ever come through here again. Thanks very much!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple