“Great hotel with great staff”
Review of West Texas Inn

West Texas Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

So I was skeptical about staying here before with all reviews. But I am glad I stayed here with my family. The price was economical and free hot breakfast was great add on with that. Great place to stay with family .

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Needed place to stop between Dallas and El Paso and found a great price on Priceline.com or Booking.com, can't remember which. Glad I read the reviews AFTER I checked in. The front desk took a while to find my reservation, but directed us to a perfectly clean, insect-free room. Small, old-timey, and reminiscent of Of roadside motel of the 1960's, but with the mandatory additions of a flatscreen television set, microwave oven and a refrigerator. Perfectly comfortable and worth the price. No, it's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's well worth the price for a restful night's sleep. Big Spring isn't Dallas or even El Paso, but has decent restaurants and all other services requisite to a medium sized town and this motel is less expensive than anything comparable in Midland/Odessa--and just as good if not better than more expensive hostelries nearby.

Stayed: January 2017
Management response:Responded 31 January 2017

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at our property. We are commited to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience. Please know we do value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We had made the reservation and the hotel refused to accept the price we'd been given by Travelocity. They treated us horribly and gave us a small room, refused to give us towels. Management is horrible.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela G
Reviewed 27 June 2016

If it wasn't for that tiny roach crawling on my table then this hotel would've been perfect. The staff was great, the price was great, it wasn't to crowed, nice pool and super clean room except for the one roach!

Room Tip: I stayed close to the front on the bottom floor. Loved the location except for the roach.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelli U
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Horrible. I got to the room and the door was wide open. Parts of the floor were being held together with duct tape. A man entered behind me, scared me to death. I asked if he had been assigned the same room. Turned out he was maintenance, and had been called there to try to fix some problem with the toilet. Bathroom was the worst I have ever seen in all of my 66 years. Toilet was streaked with red markings, rust?, all over it. Parking? There was none available except for about a block away. Someone staying there with a truck and trailer had taken up three of the spaces in front of but across the drive from the room we had been assigned. Place needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt! Horrible. Horrendous! We didn't stay there. I am still waiting for charges to be refunded to my credit card!

Room Tip: Just don't even think about staying here!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SStout49
6Team, Brand Experienced Team Member at West Texas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

SStout,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Keep going and find something else, the floor is filthy feet black just from walking on it. Roaches crawling up the walls. Not worth the money or possibility of bringing home bugs from the road trip. It says wifi but it doesn't work at all

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed there Aug 27th . Got in late and it was last room. When I walked in the beds were covered with hair like someone slept in them and they didn't change the sheets . I woke up and got 6 hours down the road and started itching on my hands . Went to Dr and they said it was bed bug bites . 10 bites on hands . Glad I slept in my clothes . I called motel and talked to manager Stephanie so they can close the room so no one else gets bit. She apologized and said they would give me a refund . 2 weeks later no refund I called back she said give it another week. Still no refund . So for $49 I have 3 scars on my hands and feel like bugs crawling on me . Thank you motel 6 for having horrible hotel that doesn't take the time to change sheets and follow through . Take the extra time and keep driving past this hotel and find something else .

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at West Texas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe, and we are sorry for the circumstances. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the bed comfort issues you experienced. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.