“Great place in a small Texas town!”

Peggy's on the Green
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Boerne
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Description: Lounge on the broad, breezy wraparound porch, cocktail in hand. Step into a lovingly restored 19th century dining room to savor contemporary interpretations of Southern heritage foods and classic American dishes. Sit down to a familiar, casual, satisfying menu influenced by seasonal bounty from area farms and the affinity of beef and mesquite smoke that is the soul of the Hill Country.
Reviewed April 19, 2021

Peggy's has a nice locale in Boerne. Waitstaff is very well disciplined and attentive. The food is excellent! The bar area has casual seating, sofa, chairs that are similar to help you feel at home around the fireplace. They also have the high tables and high chairs. Very clean and respectable. The drinks are very good and well mixed and prepared properly. Have only gone here on Saturday nights. Have not been in the dining area yet. The Blue crab dip appetizer is fabulous! Creamy and full of crab bits served with multiple crostini.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (231)

Reviewed April 10, 2021

Terrible service. Grits were soupy, shrimp was over cooked. Dinner took 3 hours. We saw our waitress a total of 3 times. I expect way more from a “5 star” restaurant. Much better options in Boerne. Don’t waste your time or money.

1  Thank W8736EZ
Reviewed April 5, 2021 via mobile

Six of us had dinner reservations Thursday night after a day playing Tapatio Springs. The food and service was absolutely wonderful! Entrees we ordered include pork chop, crab cakes, special fish of the evening (drum? Or was it bass?), shrimp & grits; olive salad and French onion soup among appetizers/first course. Without hesitation, Mr Bohanan has hit it out of the park again. Enjoyed our meal SO much! What a treasure for this picturesque little town!

2  Thank TxAggieAndHisWife
Reviewed February 14, 2021 via mobile

We hade dinner here on a weeknight...the place is nice and clean. The menu is okay and we ordered an appetizer and drinks, service was prompt. Our main courses didn’t impress us, they were okay but not outstanding we thought. We had a chess pie for dessert and it was not very good (but we ate all of it)

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Gooseview
Reviewed January 22, 2021 via mobile

My husband and I were heading to Boerne for a getaway weekend to celebrate my birthday, and Peggy’s had been recommended by several friends, so I made a reservation as quickly as possible. We had a 7:30 pm rez, got there at 7:25 pm and were told our table would be ready as soon as the party there left. We waited and were seated at 7:50 pm.

We started off with ordering a couple of cocktails, and after about 20 minutes, they finally arrived. The waitress said she finally went behind the bar and made them herself, commenting that she’s glad she was a bartender at one time.

Since Peggy’s is known for their steaks, I ordered an 8 oz. filet mignon, my husband got the crab cakes and we shared some sides. I ordered my filet medium, which I’ve always known to mean it will have a “hot pink center”. When I cut into it, it was rare throughout, very red and nearly raw. Only the outside was seared and cooked. I had the waitress take it back to the kitchen to finish cooking, and, you guessed it .... 20 minutes later and still no filet. She was apparently waiting for “someone to bring it”, but she had to go retrieve it.

The only saving grace of the evening was that the food is really good, once you get it. Peggy’s seems to need to step up their staff on busy nights, and train them well on good service that matches the quality of the food.

Date of visit: January 2021