“Come Visit”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2020

This was our first visit to Little Gretel and it was a trip to Flavor Town. One bite of the potato pancake and I was reminded of childhood, eating homemade potato pancakes with apple sauce in my grandmother's kitchen... and it got even better. We had lunch outdoors sitting underneath a beautiful tree with spreading branches. I had a hamburger with fries and hubby had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. We tasted each other's food and everything was delicious! Even brought home a poppy seed kolache for dessert. Maddi, our waitress was friendly and attentive. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank dianebJ6770SH
Write a reviewReviews (464)

Reviewed October 8, 2020 via mobile

Ordered iced tea for wife and latte for me plus pastry plate and Belgian waffle. Drinks came shortly but the pastry plate and my wife's waffle took another twenty minutes to arrive. By this time the latte would have been cold. But that's alright since it wasn't much of a latte. I've been making my drinks for 15 years on semi commercial machines and this tasted like milk poured into a nice Espresso. Didn't even bother asking for another latte, just asked server to put some hot coffee into the cup. Better tasting than the latte. The pastry was tasty, and my wife liked the waffle, but really?

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed September 13, 2020 via mobile

We ordered to go and were told 15 min. Walked in to pay and pickup and waited 10 minutes for someone to even talk to us. Finally received our food. When we got home to eat (maybe a five min drive) everything was cold. The Monte Cristo sandwiches were pathetic, two pieces of egg washed bread with a couple of slices of ham with jelly squirted on top. Looked bad, tasted bad. Uncle Rubens Reuben sandwich.....all I can say is Uncle Ruben evidently doesnt like corn beef? 12.00 for a sauerkraut sandwich. The fries that came with the sandwiches were soggy, probably from sitting in the plastic to go boxes while we waited to checkout.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed August 17, 2020

Stopped at the Little Gretel Restaurant in Boerne, Tx. For lunch. The place was clean, the service was outstanding, and the food was excellent. I started with a cup of New England Clam Chowder. It had plenty of Clams and potatoes and a nice creamy texture. I wish I had ordered a bowl. I followed the soup with their Gretel’s Schnitzel (“Viennese” Style) which is a Juicy loin-cut pork, breaded Vienna style and oven fried, with homemade Bavarian sauerkraut and fresh spätzle. Washed it all down with an ice-cold Guinness. It was nice sitting on the patio, and while the traffic could be loud, it wasn’t overbearing. Right across the street was the Boerne River Walk which was a nice way to walk off lunch.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank retphcs
Reviewed August 13, 2020

We were visiting Boerne and wanted a good breakfast. We met a friend here and it took awhile before our order was taken. Delivery of our food took an extremely long time considering there weren't that many customers. My scrambled eggs were very bland and the toast was dry & cool. My husband did enjoy his Ranchers Breakfast saying the kielbasa was flavorful. Our friend said his denver omelet was good but the toast was cold and "blah". Ww had to flag someone down to get coffee and water refills. I dont know if this was just a fluke or if service is always this bad.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank Spikette62
LittleGretel, Owner at Little Gretel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2020

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not enjoyable. We are in the midst of training new staff as we have been very understaffed due to COVID. We hope you can understand and we hope you can give us another try in the future. We are a family owned and operated business and put our love and passion in to each day.