“Refreshingly fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crescent Quarters Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crescent Quarters Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Boerne B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Refreshingly fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

My husband and I came to spend one night away from the kids. Rented the N'Awlin's Room. Best choice by far..bigger patio than the other rooms, great breezes, rocking chairs and patio swing overlooking Main Street (neighbors came to visit on our patio), high ceilings,small fridge, jacuzzi tub, funky, but comfortable. We bring a 'white noise machine' to all hotels to minimize sound. Door code was on our emailed confirmation. (Those people who arrive without a confirmation have only themselves to blame if they can't get into their room!) Easy to find hotel above cute shops and restaurant, smack in the middle of town. No Management on site, but no problem. Coffee in room, fresh and hot breakfast down the hall. I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slagatravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Aside from absent management available by phone or online this place was great. Themed rooms done very very well and right downtown in the center of things

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

This was a cute hotel that I found through a LivingSocial deal. The rooms are nicely sized and decorated well.

Unfortunately, I started out with problems before I even arrived. My confirmation didn't come until I had to call for it the day before leaving (the owner had copied my email incorrectly from the online confirmation form). The hotel doesn't issue room keys, your confirmation email contains a code that you use to get into the room. Then upon arrival, the room would not lock and since there's no management onsite, I had to call the number on the reservation confirmation. I got no answer and had to wait a good 45 minutes or so to receive a call back. Thankfully it was an easy fix. The onsite breakfast is only hot on the weekends - during the week it's frozen bagels and english muffins. The cleaning lady skipped our room one of the days we were here, so there were no fresh towels and our trash can (the only in the room) was overflowing. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything - we had dogs staying in a room two doors down that barked all night long. Our last night here, we couldn't get back into the room after dinner, so I had to call the number again shortly after 9 pm. Turns out it's his mother's cell phone and after having to exchange phone numbers to the owners, I was made to feel that I was being an inconvenience. While the location is great (within walking distance of restaurants and shops), I probably won't be returning. With no management onsite and very short "office" hours (they do have a 24 messaging service), you can really get stuck should you run into any problems after hours.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank tigergrrl2008
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

The rooms at this hotel are eccentric, to say the least. We had the Blue Dog room and I have to admit that after a while, the dog really grew on me. In a good way. The location was perfect, right in the middle of Boerne, and there was plenty of parking.

There was no staff that I could see other than the cleaner. After you pay the full bill in advance they send you a confirmation code which also the code to unlock your room. This is good in that you just memorize the code and never have to worry about forgetting your key.

There is no hotel restaurant but there is so much good food in Boerne, who wants to eat hotel cooking? The Crystal Grille next door had foie gras on its starters menu. The room was comfortable, clean, and stayed warm when outside temps were in the 30s.

However. The walls between rooms must be made of paper. We could hear every word said on both sides of us. Someone fell asleep with the TV on two rooms down and I could hear every word of that. Our room was weged between night owls on one side and early risers on the other, so I got 4-5 hours sleep per night.

I'm going to check 'no' on recommending to a friend though I might recommend it if I they could deal with the lack of good sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BobLTex
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed in the Shabby Chic room. It was fine and clean. Decor was a little over the top, but all Texas B&Bs seem to be too cutesy. One odd thing: a stuffed bird looking down on you from its perch on a column across from the bed. Not a huge issue; just a little weird. Another odd thing: the crazy shower water pressure. Usually I'm disappointed in hotels' lack of good pressure, but this was actually painful. The main problem was the noise bleeding through the floor or possibly the walls. Someone was playing classic rock loud enough for me to understand the words. Bring earplugs. The breakfast was really good: eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, pastry, fruit, etc.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AustinTravelMama
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I stayed 3 nights in the Inn and loved every minute of it. When in Boerne or the San Antonio area, I highly recommend this unique hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Lafayette, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is a very quaint place to stay in Boerne. It is located in the downtown area within walking distance to the shops and restaurants. The rooms here are very large with high ceilings. They serve a wonderful full breakfast and the cleaning staff is very attentive. Each room is decorated with a funky and fun theme. We stayed in the Blue Dog room and it was quite charming.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple