“Great food and coffee!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2020

If there is a line...WAIT! This place has fabulous baked goods, coffee and lunch items! All very fresh and unique.

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank Debbie D
Write a reviewReviews (432)

Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

Well we saw a line of people out the door and thought this must be a great little spot. Nope, we were wrong. The line out the door was due to the covid paranoia going on inside. They literally freaked out if you got more that 6ft close to another person or tried to look in the display case. Here is a genius idea... put the display case before the cash register so customers can actually take a look at what you want to order before being shewed out the side door!

Now on the the food- We ordered a slice of cranberry walnut bread, coffee and tea for the morning. What a treat when we got back to our inn and they had cut off the crusty dried heel of the bread loaf and packaged it to send us on our way for a lovely sum of money. Forget that there were still edible, soft Center pieces still in the case. Tip- go down the street to the rifle coffee house or down to the Deinger for the coffee and pastry. Neither felt like a prison camp doling out crusty bread! Don’t say, we didn’t warn you!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed August 2, 2020 via mobile

Decent food, above average coffee. Service is chaotic, with the folks cooking and serving having only a passing knowledge of what you ordered. Still, comfortable, small town place with a good atmosphere

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed February 23, 2020 via mobile

Spotted this little cafe as we were driving down Main Street on a Saturday morning. It was pretty busy but it didn’t take long to get seated. The dining area is pretty small so I felt a little cramped but they do have outside seating as well.

There’s a nice selection of pastries when you enter and they all looked delicious. I went with the cream cheese braid but for me, it was just average. I guess I’m use to the cream cheese pastries at my local Michoacana bakery. I think next time I’ll try the bear claw. They offer a breakfast buffet which costs $15 and I was told that it included “generic” breakfast items. My husband and I were debating on the buffet but to be honest we didn’t wanna spend all that much for breakfast. I ended up getting the quiche Lorraine and I was satisfied. The crust was nice a flaky and I thought the slice was a decent size. My husband is pretty boring and got the pancakes. I don’t have much to say about those other than it’s a pancake lol! But to be fair it did taste better than an average pancake. I think maybe it’s made with cinnamon or something that made it more flavorful. We both had mimosas and they were good too.

On the way out I decided to get a lavender honey latte for the road and I thought it was simply delicious. In fact, the next morning as we were packing our belonging to check out of our hotel I had my husband make a run down to the cafe for another latte.

Overall the service was a little slow (it was super busy) and the food was ok. But I really liked how this cafe was near our hotel and it had a small town feeling which I enjoyed. I would definitely give this place another try but next time I’d go for the buffet and the bear claw.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed February 6, 2020 via mobile

Fresh and delicious healthy and hearty
Bear Moon is THE BEST PLACE to stop in for fresh coffee and breakfast/brunch. I live in Boerne and it's one of my favorites!!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 404diannep

Been to Bear Moon? Share your experiences!