“One of the best restaurant”
Review of Cypress Grille

Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Boerne
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2021 via mobile

One of the best restaurant experiences I have had in Texas. The quality of the food was top notch and the service was exceptional. I have to say the Prime Rib was amazing, smoked to perfection with sides complementing perfectly. The Wine cellar was well thought out and exceptional. If you come to Boerne do not miss this culinary experience!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (496)

Reviewed December 19, 2020

We made a reservation for an “anniversary dinner” requesting a table away from the door or kitchen, which was the only thing they got right, without any mention of the anniversary. We ordered our tea and looked at the appetizer menu. When she returned with the teas I asked for sugar and we ordered the crab cakes. The crab cake appetizer was warm on the outside and cold on the inside. I had to ask twice for sugar for our tea. The menu was nothing like the website- which is sometimes the case due to the current times, but the prices were considerably higher, entrees were $30-45ish and we’re quite limited. I ordered the chef special, walnut crusted halibut with brussel sprouts and squash and two prawns. My husband ordered the Buffalo burger cooked medium. The meal was delivered by another server and I noticed my vegetables were charred black and burnt to a crisp, but she dropped it off and was gone very quickly, without a tea refill. The 6 oz (?) halibut was dry and so-so tasting- could definitely have used a sauce of some kind to go with it, especially for $41. I dipped it in the flavored oil the rolls came with and it was okay. The prawns were soft, mushy and lukewarm. My husband’s burger was very pink and bloody inside, more like medium-rare or rare, but tasted okay, again not a $19 burger. The steak fries were okay. When our server finally came back around, I mentioned the burnt vegetables, and she said the whole batch is probably that way and asked if I wanted another vegetable. By that time we were nearly finished and declined any more overpriced “okay” food or poor service. Not worth the ratings or hype. The only thing this place has going for it is the location and ambiance. Food and service ( from our server) could greatly be improved.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank NalaLyon
Reviewed December 5, 2020 via mobile

Terribly disappointed!!!! We sat for 40 minutes before our lunch meals were brought out and my flatbread pizza was burnt- black. Basically paid $14 for a four slices of tomato with cheese and some lettuce. Served it like nothing was wrong. When I asked about it they asked if I wanted them to redo it, but we didn’t have another 40 minutes to waste. I thought it being a December Saturday that they would of been better staffed to cook the food. Was embarrassed that we drove over an hour to take guests there. No more!!!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed August 22, 2020

Before we were seated, our temperature was taken and all staff wore masks. Food was great. We shared Pork Shank entree that was so tender and had rich flavor. Kitchen was kind enough to split our entree. Wait staff was helpful and attentive. Our first time out to dinner since March was a success.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank mollygee
Reviewed August 2, 2020 via mobile

Not showy or ostentatious, but high quality and original food, super service, great atmosphere. Our second trip here and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Date of visit: August 2020