“poorly run”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Dallas, Texas
“poorly run”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is one of the worst run hotels I have ever been to. We had a wedding the weekend of May 26, 2012. There were so many problems it is shocking. I worked with Gwen and I was assured everything was in order. I even stood at the desk with a list of names and dates and confirmed each reservation two weeks prior to the event. I found out on Friday May 25th that they had overbooked and had our guests standing in the lobby changing clothes to get to the rehearsal dinner. They told several guests that they did not have reservations and sent them to the Holiday Inn Express. They went as far as to remove one of our guests luggage on Saturday and tell them that they had a reservation for only Friday night. This is not a well run hotel. If staying in the Brownwood area try the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Both are quite close and much better run. Really, Hampton Inn, you have a problem!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Comfort Inn
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Nancy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brownwood, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time in providing your feedback regarding out Hotel. I am certainly disappointed the Wedding Group's stay was not all that it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Hotel and it's team for the problems that were experienced .
Our standard procedure for checkin times are 3pm daily.
The team members work very had to prepare the Guest rooms as quickly as possibe after the previous guest has vacated the room at 12pm.

During the time of your room block each guest was allowed to make their reservations personally for the amount of days that they chose for their stay. part of them were made for one night while most were for two nights, each reservation confirmation was emailed to each guest for their convenience.
Once again I hope you will accept my apologies and am so sorry for any inconveneince that may have been caused.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you find yourself in Brownwood, TX, the Hampton Inn is a great hotel to stay. The hotel and rooms are well appointed, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and they've made sure the basics that travellers are desiring are there - the free cookies and coffee in the lobby each afternoon; the small but adequate exercise room should you want to work off those cookies; ;a free, full hot breakfast in the morning, and an adequate outdoor pool (seasonal) on those hot TX days.
Be sure to ask for the discount rates if there for Howard Payne University events. The X-large queen bed rooms come with a microwave and small fridge and for a small town, the hotel offers big-city luxuries travellers are hoping for! I wish they had a jacuzzi on the premises and the price can be expensive if you don't have a discount. Only things I would improve on what is otherwise a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
knox city, tx
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed in a 2 double bed room. It was huge. Could have put 3 more people on the floor and still had room to move around. Very clean. Staff friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Either relatively new or recently updated. Outside and inside are new and in good condition. The room had a microwave, fridge, mini kitchen sink, new bed with new bedding and a small workdesk. The room was a little smaller than expected but not big city small. Something to consider if you are traveling with a family though.

While the room was new some/much of the furnishings are not new or maybe a little on the low end side and they just haven't weathered well. The TV was an old school TV, the microwave stand seemed old. as did some of the items in the room. Most imporant the bed and bedding were new and very comfortable.

Internet was fast, free and very consistent. The room had plenty of outlets and the heat worked well in the room. Bathroom was also new with a tub/shower that had plenty of hot water.

A Chili's was across the street plus there were plenty of other food options including sit down and fast food. Multiple shopping options fairly close as well.

The hotel is a little off the main road so road noise was fairly limited but hallway noise was a little louder than expected.

The entire hotel including the room was very clean and every staff member I met was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was so-so. The eggs were aweful, sausage patties were okay. Waffles looked good but I didn't have any.

Business center had a couple of PCs and a printer plus there was a small exercise room as well as a small outdoor pool closed for the winter

Room Tip: take a room on top floor (3rd) towards the back to help reduce room noise
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Glenwood Springs, CO
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the Thanksgiving holiday. We got in late in the evening and the front desk guy was very helpful. (Sorry, we didn't get his name) The room was clean, shower wonderful, internet connection fast and our room overlooked an empty parking lot so it was very quiet. The breakfast was adequate - eggs ok, pastries fresh but the bananas were individually wrapped and tasted as though they had been frozen. All in all I would stay there again. It's not fancy but it's not Motel 6 either. We were very comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor overlooking an empty lot so it was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2011

It all started well with a discount for Military members. Once I got to my suite I noticed that several light bulbs where missing and the phone did not work. I went to confirm that it was a smoking suite since no ash trays where located in the suite. They did offer to move me but I declined. Four days later to my suprise my credit card was charged twice. I'm hoping this was just bad timing on my part or the house keeping needs assistance along with the staff. I would stay again but would be very leary!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I recently traveled to a remote part of Texas to visit a new client. The opportunity to stay at various hotels were available, however I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites and I am very glad I did! The staff was extremely polite and more than helpful. They informed me of eateries close by and warned me of low-end parts of town to avoid for my safety as I was traveling alone. I will be returning to Brownwood, Texas soon as I now have two more new clients there and will stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. If you haven't stayed at a Hampton Inn lately, I suggest you try one. The cost is right, the hotels are very nice as they have recently remodeled all of them and best of all you just can't beat the service! This past month on my travels to New York and Pennsylvania, I stayed in one of their hotels, there as well!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! One of the things I was really impressed with was they always seemed to put me...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
0.7 km away
6.1 km away
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#5 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Hampton Inn Brownwood? Share your experiences!