“Hampton Inn & Suites Buda”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Hampton Inn & Suites Buda”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I usually like to stay in a more upscale hotel, but this Hampton Inn was super clean, and the room was very tastefully decorated. I was so happy with the room I will stay there again. I had to stay at the Hampton Inn in Katy TX and was disappointed, so I was hesitant to stay at the Hampton Inn in Buda, but it was GREAT.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoAnn D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The hotel and staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to stay there again!

1 Thank Patti P
Cypress
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I am a very frequent traveler both for business and personal. My teenage daughter's soccer team had to be in Buda, Texas the weekend before Christmas for a tournament.This Hampton Inn made the experience amazing. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were all clean, and our girls where able to blow off steam and enjoy the pool and fitness center in December! The breakfast was quite tasty and they changed the menu so we did not have to eat the same thing each morning. We were a large group and I had some problems with billing but one phone call later it was all cleared up. An overall amazing experience, I would recommend for families traveling as well as for professionals on business trip.

Room Tip: Our group had many rooms on various floors and no one complained of noise of other problems. The kin...
1 Thank Dyrk R
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We recently stayed here mainly due to the closeness of the Hotel to Cabelas. In fact we could see Cabelas from the room just across the street. I found the hotel to be clean, friendly staff, etc. The room price was higher than Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, etc but I paid a little more to be off the interstate and convenient to Cabelas. They had a nice continental breakfast within a bigger room than most places provide. The food was good with a variety available. I would rate the breakfast as the best I have had that is included in the package. You get what you pay for, I enjoyed the whole experience and would stay there again. If you stay here, you need to eat at Dan's Hamburgers that is closeby on the Old San Antonio road which Cabelas Drive turns into. Sort of between Cracker Barrel and Walmart. We ate there twice. I don't think it was a national chain. The food was quality. Real meat, real fries, etc. See my review on this also.

1 Thank Alanm1951
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Usually Hampton Inns are pretty close in quality. Some need a bit of updating but even those usually aren't that bad. I spent one night at this hotel during a weekend stay in Austin. If you are traveling to the hotel at night it isn't hard to reach. It was a bit tricky getting to the hotel off the highway but nothing overly difficult. The hotel itself is a bit dated- it isn't in desperate need for an update but could definately use it. What suprised me though were how different the rooms were. The room I had was massive- probably 700 sq feet, had a microwave, and a fridge. Honestly it felt like a suite- now I don't know if I was upgraded or something but this place is definitely somewhere I would stay again if in the Austin area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Bittco
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Nice enough. Some issues with clean (not clean) carpet. In a "big box, chainy" location. Easy on and off freeway. Overall fine for the short stay we needed. Desk staff not aware of dining options in area. Not engaged or interested. Had to do own research. All told, it was OK for the brief stay we needed. Upgraded to Jacuzzi room -- VERY large, a bit vacant , but nice to have the extra space, and Jacuzzi was nice on a chilly night.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms bigger, would have been great for extra family members. Rooms themselves clean an...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank definiteopinions
Opelousas, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were looking for a hotel close to Kyle, and this worked out perfectly. Hotel is next door to Walmart and Cabela's, what more could you need :) Several restuarants close by (within walking distance if without a vehicle).

It was a quick 5 minutes to Kyle on the interstate so this was an excellent option for our trip. If you needed somewhere just outside Austin, this is a decent location, especially if a trip to the outlet mall in San Marcos is part of the plan.

We arrived late (past midnight) and they had just cancelled our reservation. I did receive a call earlier that day from the hotel to confirm the reservation, so I provided them with an approximate time for my late check-in, so I'm assuming there was no passdown between shifts. The night shift manager, Luis, was very curtious and apologized for the inconvenience. He quickly entered the appropriate information and got us checked in. He also provided every piece of information needed for our stay.

We only tried breakfast on our departure morning and it met expectations. Cereal, waffles, eggs and a few other hot items. There was even a breakfast-to-go option, a pastry, fruit item, and something else I can't remember.

All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, and here's another example. One of our keys quit working on the second evening. The manager on duty re-coded our key again and asked us to use the house phone on our floor if it didn't work (he would deliver a new key card to us in person).

We will consider this hotel when needing future accomodations in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellcham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
0.2 km away
6.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
5.6 km away
Quality Inn and Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda? Share your experiences!