“Nice Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
texas
“Nice Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I don't get the negative reviews. I understand if someone is upset that they didn't get what they were promised, but that isn't the case in my book. I travel on business, and spend about 75 nights a year in hotel rooms. This room was extremely well kept, and very nicely furnished, especially by Comfort Suites standards. Not that there is anything wrong with CS, it's just that this location goes above and beyond. The carpet, furniture and bedding are very nice. A few weeks back, I stayed at the Hampton Inn, Buda on the other side of the interstate. The rooms at the CS are nicer and about $20 a night less expensive. I can't say anything about the bar or the restaurant, as I used neither.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I rented the Banquet Room in October 2011 and called on Jan 2012 and They had another Manager. I had went through 3 managers, and then The day of my Party by 7pm. was told turn off music. We used there Ipod system and they were still complaining that it WAS still to loud. So party ended then ONE of my rooms was mess because the Front desk clerk is running cleaning rooms and working front DESK. So Sad won't go back if they PAID ME! Oh for got I woke up to loud Music in the banquet at 7am. They can't wait to Rent there Banquet Room. Desperate!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Neenah G
rickcrain, General Manager at Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites - Buda. It is truly regrettable that your experience in our banquet facility was not met with your expectations.

We strive to ensure every guest is delivered a positive experience at our property.

Unforunately, with the decibel level of music disturbing surrounding guests we had to comply and do the best we could to ensure all guests were not being disturbed. Our apologies if our policy was not explained thoroughly prior to your event.

Thank you.
houston, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

As we were driving and looking for a place to stay, we came across this gem hidden behind a Starbucks and beside a Holiday Inn. Very nice room, pool was across from our room and given it was a Sunday night we practically had the place to ourselves or so it seemed. Breakfast was convenient and again I'll remain loyal to Comfort Suites and other Choice Hotels

• Stayed February 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Newer hotel, nicely decorated. We stayed one night and had the King Suite which was clean and comfortable. The shower was "man-sized" which pleased my husband. The pool and workout area were nice and the staff was friendly. If you are looking forward to the Bar and Grill be warned that it is not always open. We were there on a Sunday and were told that the bar would be closed that night and Monday night. That did not matter to us or effect our rating of the place. The breakfast was adequate but we have had better at other Comfort Suites. Walls and carpet show signs of normal wear and tear as well as some unfortunate actions of prior visitors/guests. Much depends on your expectations. Our main priority is "clean and fresh" and this one fit the bill for us. If you are going south, the exit is confusing. Use exit 223 (not 223A) and once you are on the frontage road you will be fine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wabeno
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

This fairly new hotel shows the effects of neglect. I stay in many choice hotels and am normally satisfied with value-not here. We struggled to find it because the directions in the choice guide are wrong as the freeway exit doesn't exist( not a typo it's the 2nd year). The room was no better or worse than other choice hotels. The most expensive Choice hotel in a 15 nite 4,300 mile trip,it did not offer the amenities listed in guide,for example;exercise room equipment didn't work,advertised lounge and grill (since it was pouring rain we were looking forward to staying in) was closed because "it's the bartenders nite off ".If you advertise things to justify a higher price then you should deliver. Pick another place with fewer amenities listed,but with a lower price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tom B
Lewis Center, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stay in 30-40 Choice Hotels properties each year. I look for certain features in each room I stay in: lighting, cleanliness, shower quality & height of showerhead, outside view, TV size & quality, comfort of bed, ease of adjusting the AC unit, work area, high speed Internet connection, newspaper provided (USA Today, not Wall Street Journal), etc.

The Comfort Suites in Buda, TX, is the most recent Choice property that I stayed in, and it is the best of all the Choice properties I have ever stayed in. Everything was top-notch: absolutely no complaints of any kind. The lobby is in the newest style, and even the front doors are automatic, which helps a lot when a person is carrying lots of supplies and luggage. I will plan to stay in that property each time I am in the area of south Austin.

Room Tip: It's just a bit difficult to find, due to all the construction at the intersection. On the east...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Palm City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I had the misfortune of staying here this past weekend as a result of being in Buda for a wedding. The property is about a year and half old but in many ways shows the effects of not being maintained as a well run property would ie; frayed carpet spots in our room, wall scuffs not removed etc. Upon arriving at about 5pm Friday after a full travel day, we were happy to be greeted by a large banner outside touting the happy hour in progess. When we came inside to register we waited 6-7 minutes at the registration desk for the only employees (her own words) to serve to guest at the bar across the lobby (more on the bar in a minute). After unpacking in our room which was clean and adequate, we ventured down to the bar, which was empty when we got their. After waiting 5-7 minutes at the bar for the lone employee who was now talking on the phone at the registration desk, she finnaly came over and greeted us. Upon ordering a drink we were told there was in fact no Happy Hour and further she could only serve beer and wine because she didnt have the key for the liquor cabinets. We asked who did. She said the bartender who wasn't coming in. We asked for the Manager and told there was no Manager...she was the only person there. Ok.....to the Management if you read this...there were about 75 wedding guests in the Hotel Friday night..looking for the bar to open. It's wonderful that your apparently doing so well that you can choose to not open the bar you advertise very prominently outside on a banner. Revenue lost to poor mamgement. The free breakfast..just ok. Looking to check out Sunday morning we waited on the 4th floor (the top floor) fo the elevator which ran at Glacial speed under normal circumstance, but it never came after 10 minutes. We walked down and informed the 2 women at the front desk. They said "yeah we know there's a guy coming to fix it". We asked them couldn't they have gone up and put a note by the elevator stating it was not running to the 4th floor and apologize for the inconveniece. The reply was blank stares. Overall a basic budget hotel propert that is definately not managed well. My recommendation...the Holiday Inn next door....don't know if it's better...but cant be any worse.

Room Tip: To get a good room....go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Keith34990
rickcrain, General Manager at Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
I would like to thank you for taking your time and giving a honest review about our facility.

My team and I are very dissapointed that we did not meet or exceed your expectations in so many different experiences with our hotel. I am happy to hear that your room was adequate and very clean upon your arrival.

I understand that our onsite Bar & Grill is a very attractive amenity for a special occasions such as a wedding. I take responsibility for it not being staffed the evening of the event.

I can assure you that I have addressed your experiences with your stay in all facets with my staff and have taken steps to correct them.

I would like the opportunity to be able to get in contact you and discuss furhter.

Best Regards,

Rick Crain

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
1.4 km away
6.5 km away
Quality Inn and Suites
7.0 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South

Been to Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel? Share your experiences!