“Great wedding venue”

The Buffalo Gap Store Ranch House Cafe
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Buffalo Gap
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing! I attended a wedding there and the grounds are gorgeous. The house was gorgeous too.
It was a bit remote but the grounds were top notch.

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I thought I might like to eat there. Stopped by mid afternoon to check it out. The store is open and has many choices of bottled drinks in refrigerator cases. I asked about food. She pointed to a display with a heat lamp and said they had nachos and tamales. But also indicated that the cafe is only open in the summer. Also the store was no longer selling gas.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were heading to the historic village in Buffalo Gap and stopped at this little store hoping to find something to feed the kids. What a surprise to find out there was a small restaurant inside! Everything was delicious and everyone so kind! ! We will always remember our special side trip to Buffalo Gap while visiting Abilene!

2  Thank sixjansens
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This little store and café in Buffalo Gap, Texas is a great little place to eat for the locals and I plan on bringing some of my out of town friends here too. Most days/nights you can walk in and sit down to eat. The atmosphere is a tiny, and I mean tiny, little country store. The shelves barely have the essentials on them, but if you were in desperate need of something you could get it here. The other half of this tiny store is the dining room. It is furnished with small tables from four to perhaps six to eight, and there are only about 10 tables total, right next to the beverage coolers, and comprising of a mix of chair and table types. They also have a small outside covered dining area with four tables.

The menu is small, but includes burgers, sandwiches, salads, steaks and desserts. They even have a nice breakfast menu. We tried it one night while trying restaurants we had never been to before and this one stuck out to us. We really enjoyed the small quaint store and dining area, and the food was really good. The Owner's are always very attentive to you if you need something, they get it right away.

So, I said you could walk in and sit down most days/nights. On Friday's, they have a reservation only night, and the place is packed every Friday, especially when they are serving steak. We happened to walk-in one recent Friday night, not thinking we would be sitting inside, but we were able to get a table on the exterior patio. The smoke house is separated from the rest of the building and located in the front, just off the parking lot. You can walk up and talk to the cook as he is working, and the smoke and smell of the steaks is all around the exterior patio. Not too smokey, but you will smell it later if you don't change your clothes.

Our steaks (very large rib eye) were absolutely delicious. Cooked as we ordered, with a great seasoning that they let sit over night. It came with baked potato (or fries) and a salad for $18. Now I am usually one to use a little A-1 steak sauce with my steak, but I tell you, this did not need anything.

For dessert, they have homemade pies and cakes that you must try. They are also fantastic.

So, if you are in the area, and are looking for something a little different, check out this place. One of my new favorites.

2  Thank Doctrknow