“Perfect balance of quality and price”

Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burleson
Finland
“Perfect balance of quality and price”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

DFW area has the best price to quality ratio in the world when it comes to hotels and this hotel was no exception. Being a Holiday Inn Express, it doesn't have quite the bells and whistles of an Intercontinenal. But, for anyone who cares more about a well fitted-out room, a quiet night, convenience and friendly services, this is a really good place to stay.

The hotel is alongside a bunch of hotels and restaurants right next to i-35 west. It is set well back though, so there is no noise or bustle / it was actually very quiet. That said, there must be 100 restaurants within a mile. Add to that Albertsons and most well known franchises and it is hard to know what you would be missing in the way of shopping. It is about a 20 minute drive from Ft Worth about 30 to Arlington and about 45-50 minutes from DFW airport if traffic is flowing well. For a Cowboys game, there may be closer hotels but I would consider this within striking distance.

The room I had was well kitted out with a microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee stuff, a decent sized desk, sofa, tv and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was a little bit odd because it was in the main bedroom area rather than a separate room. The shower worked well - plenty of hot water. The bed was not overly firm compared to say, your average Hilton bed.

Breakfast was plentiful and decent. First time I have seen an automated pancake maker - genius. Other foods included cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, bananas, a pasty cabinet with muffins of all descriptions, breads etc. Coffee was also provided along with juice, although the juice seemed pretty sugary. That was after tasting the cinnamon rolls too. In any case, it was a good, filling meal and good value as an inclusion in the price.

There is a swimming pool indoors and there is also a fitness center with about 3 or 4 treadmills. I did not use it so that was just an impression at a glance.

The final comment is about the service. I thought the people running the place were really nice and friendly - very welcoming. And, the true proof in the pudding of whether I would return: yes, definitely.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Suomessa
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We only strive to provide the best accommodations and customer service for all of our valued guests.

We take pride in our hotel and also our staff . We would only hope to see you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express many times. It is always very clean and the furnishing are very nice. The front desk folks are very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Thank you for your review of our hotel here at the Holiday Inn Express Burleson. We value all of our guests bad or good reviews. We are delighted to hear that your experience was a positive one and we hope to see you back with us soon.

We have just renovated our indoor pool to keep our hotel looking fresh and new for guests either coming for leisure travel with family or business.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Burleson.
Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stayed at this Hotel March 20th for a HS class reunion. GREAT girl at the front desk and room was really nice. Beds and pillows were awsome...my problem arose when I went to visit classmates in another room....upon my return someone was laying in my bed...seems the guy couldn't get his key to work (are that was the story he gave). He said he didn't want to go to the front desk so he paid the maid to use her passkey. My purse with credit cards and all information was in there...I was so scared I grabbed my things and just left the hotel...I tried to call back to the hotel after I got my bearings and only got a recording so I shot an e-mail off to the company. That was 5 days ago still no response...(if anyone knows how to contact them I would appreciate the info). The maid that did this was steady appologizing as I was leaving......this could have been a thief,a rapist....very scary...will never stay there again. I give the service as poor ONLY because of the maid....other staff was Excellant!

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank Sherry222
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
We deeply apologize for your bad experience you had at our hotel. We have taken extra precautions to avoid future mishaps such as yours. We took extra measures by training our staff about safety and security for all our valued guests.

We have had new management recently and we are doing our best to improve in every way possible.

Vicky/Management
Mount Juliet Tennessee
Reviewed 19 March 2010

This Holiday Inn Express was an exceptional value, and we highly recommend it. It is a relatively new hotel, with very nice amenities, including a hot & cold breakfast bar that was above average. We were there for five days, and were very impressed with the cleanliness, neatness, and care of the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable, and well maintained. In spite of the fact that the hotel is not far off of the interstate, it was very quiet and pleasant there. Most importantly, every single staff member we encountered during our stay was exceptionally pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful. The management of the hotel is to be commended for creating such a pleasant staff of employees.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrGoosey
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Burleson. We continue to strive for perfection in order to give our guests a great experience every time they stay at our facility.

We hope to see you back with us soon!
Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2009

When I got there and wanted to pay cash I was asked to put down a $250.00 deposit, which I had but needed to feed my family with. She said I either needed to put a deposit or a credit card on file, she argued with me and then it dawned on me. My sister guaranteed the room with a credit card. Why can't I pay cash? It was a huge hassle. And then the whole reason we stayed here was because they had a heated indoor pool and it was chilly outside. It turned out to be ice cold and the kids didn't get to swim for long, it was just too cold. It was a real dissappointment. I think I will stay in another town before I would come back to this hotel. Thanks anyway.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
tx
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Stayed one night.

Room was extremely clean and very quiet.

No smoking is a plus.

Bed comfortable.

Good water pressure in shower.

Friendly staff.

Overall good experience, would stay again.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank achristie
Winnie
Reviewed 21 October 2007

This new hotel was great all the way around. We arrived late and the staff was very courteous and even called me on my cell to see if we were still coming to save the room. I arrived with a livestock trailer and 3 kids. The front desk made sure to let me know where the security cameras were in the parking lot so that our truck and trailer were in view. The kids couldn't wait to get to the pool and hot tub, the pool isn't huge but big enough. Once we arrived at our room it equalled in value to the $350+ Hilton that I'd stayed in at Austin a week or so before. It was a very nice surprise. Two thumbs up from me.

• Liked — The rooms were extremely high quality, from bedding to bath products.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ashale727
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
0.1 km away
4.1 km away
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#85 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Holiday Inn Express-Burleson? Share your experiences!