“great hotel, great staff”

Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burleson
Winnie
“great hotel, great staff”
Reviewed 21 October 2007

This new hotel was great all the way around. We arrived late and the staff was very courteous and even called me on my cell to see if we were still coming to save the room. I arrived with a livestock trailer and 3 kids. The front desk made sure to let me know where the security cameras were in the parking lot so that our truck and trailer were in view. The kids couldn't wait to get to the pool and hot tub, the pool isn't huge but big enough. Once we arrived at our room it equalled in value to the $350+ Hilton that I'd stayed in at Austin a week or so before. It was a very nice surprise. Two thumbs up from me.

• Liked — The rooms were extremely high quality, from bedding to bath products.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank ashale727

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
College Station, TX
Reviewed 10 June 2007

Before I begin with the not-so-great aspects of this hotel, I want to start by stating that this Holiday Inn Express is one of the nicest no-frills (non-luxury) hotels I have been to in quite some time. The use of marble (and other stones) throughout the property, coupled with its relatively new decor (the property is fairly new) was very pleasant. The staff were nothing but polite and courteous during our stay. The continental plus breakfast was adequate, if not inspired -- it filled the void, but that was about it.

Having said that, I would not recommend this property. The rooms were nice, perhaps a little larger than the norm, but in a hotel I need two things: a hot shower and a comfortable bed; the former was accomodated, the latter was not. The bed was one of the firmest I have ever attempted to sleep on (and I like firmer beds, as compared to my wife). Niether my wife nor I were able to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time over the course of our two night stay. That's it, really. It was an uncomfortable bed. But at a rack rate of $120/night (which is unconscionable for this level of property -- in the last year, I've stayed at the Intercontinental in Houston for less!!!) the room was completely and totally unacceptable. In retrospect, I should have mentioned my concerns to management after the first night, but out stay was a busy one and it did not occur until after we left the property. Having said that, there is absolutely no excuse for such a new property to have such unforgiving bedding.

BTW, if you are considering the Super 8 that is right next door to the Holiday Inn Express, I have heard some horror stories there as well, for only a few dollars less.

Fuzzylogik

• Liked — Cleanliness of property, polite staff
  • Disliked — Very uncomfortable bedding and very, very overpriced
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2007

I am a member of their Priority Club and was looking for a place for 2 nights. This was one of the options when wanting to use my points so I thought why not. It's only approx. 15 min. south of FW off of I-35. The hotel was very easy to reach and a great area. There is a Chili's within walking distance. Several options for shopping and eating are within 5minutues of the hotel by car.
The lobby was very nicely decorated with big plush chairs, an added plus was a indoor pool and hot tub. The exercise room had 2 treadmills, nice free weights, 2 ellipticals along with 2 televisions. The contential breakfast was the ususal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, a variety of juices was available along with some hot items (bacon, french toast and cinnamon rolls).
The rooms were nicely decorated also with big comfortable beds along with soft or firm pillow to choose from along with an extra blanket at the foot of each bed if needed. Free wireless internet is also available which is a nice plus. There was an easy chair that was big, comfortable along with a footrest and a little side table. The only problem I had with the bathroom was that when you turned on the light the fan also came on. Rather bothersome in the middle of the night. The hotel is also adjacent to Fort Worth Spinks Airport, a small municipal airport, which would also be nice to fly into and get a room here.
All in all, we definitely enjoyed our stay here and plan to return the next time we need a room in the metroplex. The only "bad experience" I ran into was not the fault of the hotel but of the guests. One morning there were several girls (10-12 years old)having breakfast unsupervised and once the bacon was brought out they grabbed handfuls of it. These were also the same girls that ran amock in the pool area and tossed the pool towels into the pool. After that you needed to obtain your pool towel from the front desk.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
3.0 km away
4.1 km away
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#88 of 111 in Fort Worth

Been to Holiday Inn Express-Burleson? Share your experiences!