“Exceptional Service & Not what I expected”

Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Burleson
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The first thing I noticed when checking into this hotel was the airport directly behind it, which sort of concerned me at first; but I was pleasantly surprised when all air traffic subsided by 8 pm- or I slept so well that I didn't even notice it... As I sat out in parking lot between all four hotels at this intersection, I Googled the location and read some reviews; Holiday Inn Express was the best & said that the staff "made them feel like a part of the family." So I put them to the test and upon checkin I met a wonderful clerk whose smile lit up the foyer and she quickly checked me in at a reasonable rate, as she could tell I was tired. The bed was comfortable and choice of pillows was nice. Secure wireless access was good (I've been hacked on unsecure networks before). The free happy hour from 5-7pm was nice with tamales and beverages before dinner and the breakfast was quite a spread the next morning. The fitness center was small, but had three cardio machines and dumbbell weights for using along with a decently-sized indoor pool. Overall pleasant experience in the middle of a hectic business trip; I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Floors are solid and because of the airport, I would try to stay on the first two floors- I stayed o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words, in reference to your stay with us. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with superior customer service and incredible amenities. I have shared your response with the staff, much to their delight. And, they join with me ,in hoping to see you again real soon.

Respectfully,

Cara Hayes, GM

Reviewed 30 January 2012

1st time we stayed at a HI - Express; we usually stay @ Sheraton, Westin, Double Tree type places. Clean, comfortable, friendly, inexpensive, big room with sleeper sofa! Near restaurants, not too far from DT Ft Worth!

Room Tip: 2 Queens w/ sleeper sofa great for larger family...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank US9

Thank you!!! The customer's experience is our #1 priority. We want you to enjoy a guestroom, as well as, public areas, where you can truly be yourself. It makes us happy to hear that we were able to make your stay so comfortable.

Cara Hayes, GM

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stay here often for business and couldn't ask for better customer service. They go out of their way to make your stay the best possible. The area is nice and so is the hotel. I wouldn't stay any where else when I am in town.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Robin P
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank You. Our #1 priority is guest satisfaction

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week while we were in town for my son's Pony baseball tournament. There were 12 families who traveled, along with the team's coach. During our stay the saff was very friendly and accomodating and went above and beyond to make our stay a good one.

The rooms were nice and freshly decorated for a hotel in this category. We stayed in a suite, which really was not much bigger than a regular room, but it did have a couch, a mini fridge and microwave, which made things nice for such a long stay.

The pool was an indoor pool and was average. The work out room is small, but the equipment is in good shape and let those of us who wanted to exercise do so without venturing into the Texas heat!

The breakfast was good and the boys loved working the self-serve pancake machine. The hotel had coffee available 24/7 and made fresh-baked cookies in the afternoon.

I can't say enough good things about the staff of the hotel. They pulled a grill out of the storage room for us to allow us to grill burgers on several occasions on the back patio and basically took care of anythiing we needed.

There are a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity including Outback, Chili's, Cracker Barrel and a number of local spots. I would defiitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 7,691
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

We appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

We usually stay at HI Express as we are Priority Club members and also read review on Trip Advisor on this hotel. It was just lovely. EVERY staff member in this hotel could not have been nicer and more polite. The room was spotless and quite large. The bed was great and we slept very well. The breakfast buffet was hot and fresh and the room was very comfy with plenty of seats. We did not use the pool or exercise room, but we did use the business center in a small room off the lobby. Nice and private. Plenty of parking and loads of restaurant options within walking distance or a very short drive right across Rt. 35. We had a small fridge and microwave in our room and there is a small area in the lobby where you can purchase snacks, drinks and microwave snacks. I have never seen that service before. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOGEEZER_123
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your compliments and we hope to see you back with us real soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I've stayed over 20 nights at this Holiday Inn Express so far in 2011 and will continue to do so throughout the year.
There are other Holiday Inn Express's closer to where my business takes me, but I find the one in Bulreson to be the most to my liking.
The rooms are clean, I enjoy the complimentry nightly happy hours, but most of all what brings me back is the hotel staff. They are a great bunch of friendly, professional people.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank terrywtx
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback about the Holiday Inn Express Burleson. We strive for excellence and appreciate all of our guests that choose to stay with us at our hotel, especially the repeat clients that we always enjoy having.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

DFW area has the best price to quality ratio in the world when it comes to hotels and this hotel was no exception. Being a Holiday Inn Express, it doesn't have quite the bells and whistles of an Intercontinenal. But, for anyone who cares more about a well fitted-out room, a quiet night, convenience and friendly services, this is a really good place to stay.

The hotel is alongside a bunch of hotels and restaurants right next to i-35 west. It is set well back though, so there is no noise or bustle / it was actually very quiet. That said, there must be 100 restaurants within a mile. Add to that Albertsons and most well known franchises and it is hard to know what you would be missing in the way of shopping. It is about a 20 minute drive from Ft Worth about 30 to Arlington and about 45-50 minutes from DFW airport if traffic is flowing well. For a Cowboys game, there may be closer hotels but I would consider this within striking distance.

The room I had was well kitted out with a microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee stuff, a decent sized desk, sofa, tv and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was a little bit odd because it was in the main bedroom area rather than a separate room. The shower worked well - plenty of hot water. The bed was not overly firm compared to say, your average Hilton bed.

Breakfast was plentiful and decent. First time I have seen an automated pancake maker - genius. Other foods included cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, bananas, a pasty cabinet with muffins of all descriptions, breads etc. Coffee was also provided along with juice, although the juice seemed pretty sugary. That was after tasting the cinnamon rolls too. In any case, it was a good, filling meal and good value as an inclusion in the price.

There is a swimming pool indoors and there is also a fitness center with about 3 or 4 treadmills. I did not use it so that was just an impression at a glance.

The final comment is about the service. I thought the people running the place were really nice and friendly - very welcoming. And, the true proof in the pudding of whether I would return: yes, definitely.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Suomessa
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We only strive to provide the best accommodations and customer service for all of our valued guests.

We take pride in our hotel and also our staff . We would only hope to see you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
0.1 km away
3.9 km away
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#83 of 114 in Fort Worth

Been to Holiday Inn Express-Burleson? Share your experiences!