“Nope”

Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, son, and I had to go to giddings on business. Our son lives in Cameron. We weren't even sure we were going to stay over. When we decided to, we decided to go with this new hotel right there in Cameron. We won't do that again, we'll just drive the extra 20 minutes to go to Temple. This is a personally owned franchise. How do I know? For starters, the desk is not open 24/7. We got to the hotel late because we were visiting with our son. When we got there I needed a couple extra things (because, as I said we weren't sure we were staying over, so we were lacking some stuff. I rang the doorbell for after hours assistance. A very cranky man came out in his sleep clothes and I said very nicely "I have a couple requests, do you have extra pillows? (I need these due to sever back issues, and didn't have my wedge pillow along), he straight up said "no, what's your other request-RUDE-, I said "do you have some extra shampoo and conditioner," he said you'll have to ask housekeeping in the morning, anything else?" - AGAIN RUDE - I asked housekeeping in the morning and they said you have to ask the front desk...really? I go to the front desk, and low and behold they have it. Whatevs. Then they have a pile of local papers (not USA today or anything, just local, I ask " are these complimentary?" She says no they are .75. Hmmmm, no thanks, I'll pass. I'm shocked they didn't charge me for the extra shampoo and conditioner.
Ok, so to be fair, there were a couple things that didn't piss me off while we were there. The landscaping was beautiful, the bed was so/so on comfort, the breakfast was nothing memorable but not horrible either. They could use someone to get rid of the enormous amounts of bugs outside (but in their defense it is in the country so they might have no choice in that matter). There were no bugs inside - Thank God! So if you're looking for a clean place to just crash with absolutely no amenities an NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS - here's your place. But, if you actually want to be treated decently look for a hotel in Temple or Waco.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Best choice for a place to stay in Cameron. The rooms are large and very clean. The beds are comfortable and firm. The breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold options. Too cold for the pool but looked nice. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Several of my family members stayed at this hotel during a recent family event. The check-in staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The rooms were large but not large enough for all of us to gather in. We asked if we could use the breakfast room for a couple of hours that night to play cards and dominoes. We were allowed to and it was great. We had so much fun. The family members also did a group visit to the new Dairy Queen in Cameron, TX. We took up half the dining area but they didn't mind and the food was quick and delicious. Also a big thank you to the Cameron VFW Hall (where our event was held) and to Brookshire Brothers Deli for preparing wonderful trays of food for us. It was a great weekend. The Whittingtons

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bwhitt2016
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were tired and needed a clean room. I found this on Trip Advisor and stopped. Our room was large and had great beds. Very clean. Breakfast was adequate again the area was very clean. This hotel is owner operated and they take pride in their property.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Nice place to stay in a small town. I would only recommend staying here actually. The breakfast is good too which serves a hot and cold breakfast. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean and the place was quiet. It has a nice pool too. The wifi wasn't working well but it was down and out of their control.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Nice property in this little town. I always stay here everytime I'm in the area. The staff isn't overly outgoing, but nice still. The breakfast is pretty typical for a free breakfast. The only negative I saw was: there was no coffee and the orange juice wasn't my favorite I've ever had. Still a great stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2016

We were conducting business in Cameron and the Budget Host was a great place to stay, actually one of the only places to stay while there. It's new, nice and clean. On the edge of town and quite quiet. On one visit the equipment in the exercise room was not working -- no treadmill, elliptical or bike. And there was no signage explaining what was going on. If you like to walk outdoors, there is a mostly unused street through an undeveloped area right next to the hotel. It's quiet and works well. There is a continental breakfast but we didn't use it. Quiet property throughout the day so it's nice to get work done.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron? Share your experiences!