New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview

Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Channelview
Dallas, Texas
“horrible service all around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night back in April and it was the worst experience I ever had from any hotel that I've stayed at before. The hotel looks really nice from the outside and inside, but the service is just completely horrible. I arrived around 4pm and the check in was very nice. I believe the young lady that checked me was Kara or something similar to that. She was very sweet and helpful and told me everything about the hotel and my room. That is the only thing i can stay that was positive about this hotel. The restaurant is not even close to a sports bar, yes there are several tv's and a bar at the restaurant, but it's not even close to a actual sports bar. I was very disappointed. Plus three of the tv's weren't even working, and I wanted to watch some of the nba playoffs that was going on, but the bartender and waitress didn't know how to get the TV to work. They had to get there manager name Chris, who I believe is the GM of the hotel to fix the tv's and he was having a tough time to. He didn't even apologize for the incident. The food at restaurant isn't even worth the price. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and paid close to $10 for it. Are you kidding me? Afterwards, I went back to my room and took a watched tv for a little bit and the tv up there had duplicate stations. I had 2 CBS's 2 ABC's 2 NBC's and so on. I called the front desk and talked a gentleman who didn't speak good English and all he told me was that he was sorry and couldn't do anything about it. He didn't even resolve the issue or even offered a room change for me or anything. Afterwards, I decided to get rid of my frustration, I would just go to the pool and hot tub and sauna to relax. I was very disappointed in the size of the pool, its not even that big, and it was very warm the whole time. I called the front desk and the same gentlemen who i talked to about my tv answered the phone and told him about how warm the pool was and all i got from him was an apology and that he was going to talk to his manager about it in the morning but that was going to be too late, i was going to be gone in the morning. The hot tub wasn't even hot, it was just a cool temperature. I was very disappointed there too. The sauna was ok, i was in it for 10 minutes and didn't even get really red like i was hoping too. Afterwards, I decided to go back to my room, but I was locked out of my room. So I went by the front desk and tried to get a new key from the same gentlemen. He was so hard to understand. He asked for a form of ID, and my room # and unfortunately i didn't have either one. I understand hotels do this for security reasons, but after giving him my name and my address and room number he finally gave me a new key. Unfortunate the key he gave me didn't even work for my room, so i had to come back down. I wasn't very happy at the moment and he apologized for his mistake. He also sent some security guy with me to make sure my room key worked. This security guy was just creepy. He was a very large heavy set guy with several tattoos and a tattoo by his eye. I was very skeptic about this guy. Eventually my key to my room worked. The sheets on the bed were very hard to sleep on, i never experienced this before in any hotels that I've stayed at. When the next morning arrived, I went back down to the restaurant for breakfast, and ordered an omelette. And coffee the waitress messed up on both of my orders. My coffee was cold and she gave me scrambled eggs and toast instead of an omelette. Is it really that hard to take someone's order? Also when I checked out, I noticed that my room was $159 plus tax. $159 for staying at this hotel. Are you kidding me? That is outrageous. A hotel room at this hotel is not worth $159 plus tax. If I'm going to be paying that much to stay at a hotel like that I would've stayed at a hotel in downtown Houston, not in Channelview. Overall, this hotel is not worth the stay and money. The staff at the hotel other than the young girl that checked me in does not have great customer service skills and its not worth the $$ to stay at. The food was below average, the pool, hot tub, sauna and my duplicate TV stations was all in all a disappointment. I will tell all my friends and family to stay away from this hotel. Also I noticed when I was at this hotel, there was very little cars in the parking lot. Maybe if you guys reduce the rate to an affordable price instead of $159 y'all will get some people staying there.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Dirkiliocious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baytown, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I reserved two rooms at this hotel and never even made it to check in. The horrible service started two days prior to my arrival. The issue began behind a rate that I had guaranteed online. The DOS, Mari and GM, Chris were both no help to me. OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE PUPPETS AND WHEN THE OWNER PULLS THE STRING THEY JUMP; I had made the reservation three weeks prior to my daughter's 14th birthday. I reserved two rooms for her and her friends as well as myself. On the day of arrival, I received a phone call from the "owner" of the property inwhich he proceeded to curse me out!! And let me know that he would be cancelling my reservations and I was not wanted on his property! He then told me and IHG that we could "GO TO H***" !!! ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!! So needless to say, I'M SURE IF THE MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP ARE THIS HORRIBLE, RUDE, AND DISGUSTING THE PROPERTY IS TOO!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
6 Thank gmmisty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Channelview
1.4 km away
30.9 km away
Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area
20.6 km away
Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview? Share your experiences!