All reviews tiny bathroom nice staff apartment ferry furniture sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was searching for places to stay in and around the Gothenburg area when I chanced upon the Koster Islands. And what a find.

I booked a single room with WC / Shower. The room was a suitable size for me with enough cupboard space. The hotel is a very short walk from the Harbour where there are regular ferry services to the mainland.

Within the hotel there is a bar and restaurant, and outside bar and restaurant if the weather is nice enough to sit outside. At my time of travelling, there was a heat wave which was unusual I was told.

Down by the Harbour there is a a very good restaurant, a grill bar for snacks during the day and a fish shop if you are renting a suite with a kitchen.

The beech is a short 5 min walk from the hotel, with shallow water areas for kids. If you enjoy walk, there are walking trains on both Sud Koster and Nord Koster. The islands are beautiful with stunning views.

I'm glad I found Hotel Koster. The staff were helpful and friendly, even with my poor Swedish. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

....you need to see Koster Island In Sweden, The Ekenes Hotel is well placed only 30m from The Sea, with a 180 degree amazing view. I have travelled the world a few times, but allwaysmake sure to return to Koster Island. The island is In The Center Of shrimp, lobsters, and seafood fishing, something you realize by visiting the numerous seafood resturants on both the Islands (Nord and Syd Koster)
The beutiful nature, the sea combined with breath taking sourendings is A-most-see experience.
I highly recommend a stay at Ekenes as your startingpoint for an unforgetteble vacation.
I will be back, as I have been for past 25 years:))

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Koster Island is one of The most beautiful destinations in Scandinavian, with låta of narrow roads and NO cars. Didn't stay at The Hotel itseøf, but there is A lot of fun at the bar with guitar-player ripping Young, Stones and CCR. The harbour area is excellent for sailors like us and The Washrooms are excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location is perfect, 30 meters from the sea, with a stunning 180 degree view. Only 200 meters walk from the pier.
Beautiful (new?) apartment with two interconnecting bedrooms made this an apartment with 3 bedrooms.
Will be returning here many times in the years to come.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had the privilege to enjoy a couple of days in these amazing tranquil surroundings, that Hotel Koster has to offer. After the stay I felt reenergized and calm. The nature is breathtaking with a variety of landscapes to look at, feeling the sea breeze is refreshing, truly the best of both worlds.
Staff was polite and accommodating, rooms where comfortable, food was exquisite. I whole heatedly would recommend a stay there. I surly will be returning to enjoy it even more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business