“6 course with wine an excellent value”

Veritas Wine & Bistro
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University and Tarrow
Description: Veritas is a Casual Upscale Restaurant with focus on Seasonal & Market Driven Menu with emphasis on Asian-American-French flavor.
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My wife, son, and I ate at Veritas on a rainy Thursday night. We selected the 6 course chef selected dinner with matching wine. I’ve done a lot of these in my life from 4 courses to 15 all over the US and Europe. $120 for six courses with 6 glasses of wine is a steal if the food is good and the wine acceptable. The food we had was excellent, with surprisingly ample portions. The courses featured yellow tail sashimi, tuna tartar, red fish with a lovely crisp skin, duck breast cooked perfectly, lean beef, and a huge four part dessert plate with three chocolate based pieces and a mango sorbet. All the dishes were good to outstanding with pretty presentations and well matched complementing vegetables and sauces. The wine (a sparkler, two whites, two reds, and a dessert wine) was not high end, but it was well matched to each dish and quite drinkable. The pours were very generous, probably too much for six glasses in one sitting. Even the Port offered as the last glass was a big pour. The wait staff was attentive and well versed in what they were serving. The dining room was comfortable and attractive. All this for $120 per person? Wow, the best meal I’ve had to date in College Station.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The food was good, but the prices were ridiculous. $250 for three people for dinner in a strip mall.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a great meal enhanced by the friendly and knowledgeable waiter. Their sushi rolls are wonderful. Order the two fish rolls together. They compliment each other with interesting flavors.

My husband enjoyed the oysters as an appetizer while I had the tuna sashimi. Both delicious.

Our wine was excellent as well. Nice way to wind down a busy day!

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Shawn was very snippy, and gave the smallest tastings I’ve ever had. The least favorite of 5 that we visited.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Excellent sushi! Expensive but good. Great salads and the spicy tuna roll was very good
The table next to us had the tuna tartar and it looked great! Excellent wine sections and bar

Date of visit: August 2018