“Amazing Homemade Buns & Lively Atmosphere”

Hopdoddy Burger Bar
Ranked #40 of 316 Restaurants in College Station
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Quite possibly one of the best burgers I've ever had. The buns are made in-house and you can watch them being made/baking...as well as watch the staff make the meat patties. (They have gluten free buns for those who prefer.) You can order your burger exactly as you want--even add an egg to it if you want. I added sliced avocado and they were very generous with the portion. Also had the parmesan truffle fries. I'm not sure why they are called "truffle" but they are delicious fries covered in parmesan and seasoning. Everything was very fresh and served promptly even though the restaurant has been packed each time I've eaten there. Only negative comment is that the burgers are very greasy.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

We ate at the Hopdoddy location on San Felipe near River Oaks some time ago and it was amazing so, shortly after the College Station location opened (a few months ago) we went. The whole experience was great. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and the food and drinks were terrific. Our teenage granddaughter were along with us and they loved it as well. We went again yesterday and there was a distinct difference. The restaurant was not as clean as it was on the first visit, food was left on the menus we received, the bar top was not wiped and some of the food was not up to the standard as our previous visit. My wife ordered the Impossible, which she enjoyed. I ordered the Classic and the hamburger meat tasted like it was left over and re-heated. I tasted the vegetable patty on the Impossible and it tasted much better than the Classic. The Classic simply was not fresh. The truffle fries are very good. Most of the patrons were students from A&M (Obviously since it across from the campus) and they were drinking more than eating along with fries. By the way, the margaritas were excellent. Perhaps the intent of the restaurant has changed? Hopefully this was an off day, but it was enough to keep us away for a while.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Our first trip to our local Hopdoddy tonite for my son’s birthday. We sat outside and enjoyed watching people play in the yard area. Food was tasty and the margaritas were good. However, our server became miffed when I asked if they could cook my sons burger a little longer, the middle was medium at the most. She said, “so you want no pink?” Then she showed my sons burger to a table of people she knew. I don’t know why she did that, maybe they like to look at raw meat. We will return again and just hope for another server. From now on I will specify “no pink” even though our five other burgers were cooked thoroughly.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

I joined two friends today for lunch, and it was my first visit. One menu item really caught my eye, the Meatloaf Burger with Parmesan Truffle Fries. I quenched my thirst with a Porter's dark draft beer. Wow! What an experience. Those truffle fries were to die for. The sandwich had so many wonderful tastes, I can't describe it, just try one! Our serve, A.M. was a very nice young lady. This will not be my last visit. Looking forward to many more visits.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is a great place to get a juicy burger with many options and fries of your choice. Only draw back is that you may wait in line as it is popular.

Date of visit: January 2018