“hero loves this place”

Shiraz Shish Kabob
Ranked #24 of 316 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed September 17, 2018

just basic good greek food with no frills. always busy so they are obviously doing something right. Would appreciate a better iced tea though. Its marginal at best.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We are there for a lunch with family. The spices were good. The rice, bread and hummus were also great. The meat (chicken and game hen) was all overdone and chewy, the beef kabob was a little more tender. No free drink refills on anything except water. It’s very casual (styrofoam and plastic utensils). I wouldn’t rate it particularly kid friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Bad attention, dirty place and irrelevant food. Do not waste your time . It will not be a pleasant experience

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We went there for dinner last night. I was quite surprised. They've been here about 10 years or more and we've always heard good things about them but had not tried them since they were newly opened many years back.

The food was really really good. It is something different too. Their bread (I don't know what it is called, maybe pita bread??) was fantastic. The meat was clearly fresh. I ordered lamb. Lamb in my experience is something a lot of places don't do well because the meat can develop an off flavor if it isn't super fresh. The lamb I had was perfect. Good fresh lamb as this is wonderful and I prefer it to beef. I was surprised the pricing for it was reasonable because fresh lamb tends to be expensive.

The prices were more than reasonable for the
quality and quantity of the food. The dining area was neat and clean. Everything I could see looked neat and clean and in order. Cashier/order taker was helpful and friendly.

My hunch is this will be a fairly regular place we'll eat at or take out. Good food, fair pricing.

Their good reputation here via the rumor mill is clearly well deserved.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018

From practically their first week in town I have been going here fairly regularly. The people are very friendly and the service is solid. There are so many things to try that it is hard to pick a favorite. My suggestion is 1- go with a group and order a variety and share. 2 Rice for every 2 people bread for for the rest. And get an appetizer or two. Hummus is really good and you will want to try at least one other like Tabbouleh or Babaganoush (ok I know I spelled that one wrong). I would also suggest Dolmahs and one vegetarian item for the full taste. 3. One item that is hard to see on the menu is "Burberries and Raisins available for and extra charge). Do this on at least 1 rice. I found these on the menu about a year ago and I just have to order them. This takes the rice to an ever more Persian experience as the fruits really bring out the flavor.. Hot Tea and Baklava for Desert. If they have it get the Pistachio version of the Baklava. Again this makes it more Persian than Greek. Small family run store but they stay reasonably busy it may take a few minutes to get your food but not too long.

Date of visit: September 2017