“Nice Place to Enjoy - Low Key”
Review of C&J Barbeque

C&J Barbeque
Ranked #22 of 315 Restaurants in College Station
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We enjoyed our dinner at C&J Barbeque. They have a number of BBQ selections to choose from. It isn't clear about all the choices when you walk in, so just ask. The food is great and the smell is awesome.

1  Thank Phil L

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

We went to C & J BBQ for lunch while in College Station on business. The atmosphere is exactly what you would expect from a Texas BBQ joint. Casual, inviting. I liked it.

I had the "Aggie Special" which was a 1/2 pound of brisket and 1/4 pound of sausage with a block of cheese and a pickle. The price was right for the amount of food and it was very good! The sausage was jalapeño cheese and had some zip to it. The brisket was really good. They go heavy on the black pepper on the bark and so that had some spice too. And the sauce was very spicy. And they even had a lip burning spicier version.

If you like spicy BBQ, this is your kind of place. If you don't, they also have an excellent looking catfish plate, and the pork ribs looked really good.

Will I go back? Yes. Yes I will.

1  Thank moondog1961
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I went their this month. Typical BBQ restaurant with walk down the line and tell them what you want. It is very good quality and prices aren't too bad. Will return.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough about the level of service. Ordered delivery from an app. When they completely messed up, C&J stepped in. Personally sent one of their staff to our house with correct order - hot, fresh, & within 15 min of our call. Above & beyond!!

1  Thank Christi A
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I’ve never been the biggest barbeque fan, but we have eliminated most carbs, so barbecue restaurants are our best option now. I had the brisket and pork ribs. Both were tender and flavorful, with the ribs now topping my list of best meat EVER! I also loved the collard greens—they were flavored so well! My only suggestion would be to flavor the green beans (which tasted straight-out-of-the-can) like the collard greens! Regardless, I would most definitely return here! Generous portions, friendly staff! A real winner!

1  Thank katmcw85