“Good Stay”

Executive Inn and Suites
Executive Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cuero
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I stayed at the Executive Inn while in Cuero for work. I was very surprised. Even though there are some updates that could be made (bigger work out room with new equipment), the hotel was really clean, the people were nice, and I never had a problem with the internet. I had everything I needed. The breakfast had fresh fruit and granola bars for people who don't want a lot of carbs. Overall I had a good stay. I'll definitely stay again if I am back in Cuero.

Room Tip: Interior corridor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Tuan N

Reviewed 23 February 2015

I couldn't be more pleased with the turn around. I will be staying here every time I am in Cuero. great prices, decent breakfast and friendly staff. I would recommend the deluxe rooms, they are a new addition and they are indoors with a comforting touch.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cody m
Esther K, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Thank you, Cody M, for the wonderful review and comments you wrote. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to share your kind comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Once again, thank you for the wonderful review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Esther K.

Reviewed 1 January 2015

I have to stay in cuero for work and I used to at this then changed to hotel texas because it was better, but recently I switched back to this because it became better because of the cost and the manger is new and a lot better and everything is more clean now. I can actually recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Joe s
Esther K, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2015

Thank you for being our guest and the kind comments about our hotel and our team. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again for being our guest,

Esther Kolterman

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 excruciating nights as we were having work done on our home (in Cuero) and had to vacate a couple of days. Living here, I knew better than to expect much from this older property but it was all that was available. Check-in was an absolute comedy of errors. It took 2 women & finally the manager to figure out the credit card machine (really?) and then I learned the next day that our AMEX had been hit 3 separate time so we had to straighten that out later - directly with AMEX as I had zero confidence in anything the front desk could accomplish.
This place is CAPITAL "F" Filthy. I am just about positive the carpet has NEVER been cleaned and I would rather have walked on hot coals than gone barefoot in this room - even in the --shudder---shower. I removed the bedspread immediately due to how nasty it looked only to find a blanket that had to be at least 40 years old and fraying. The bathroom was like the Bates Motel--old and musty and just plain creepy. We suffer from diminished service and availability of everything in Cuero based on the oilfield demand on local businesses. Unfortunately, rather than rise to the occasion this place has chosen to bump up the prices on a property that should be a tear-down. If this is your only choice, continue driving on to Victoria or beyond. If you are forced to stay here---bring your hazmat suit.

Room Tip: The only tip I can offer is to just avoid this hotel. Life is too short to spend even 1 night here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vikki b
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Rooms are just what the sign says. A small motel room, no microwave, no mini fridge in my room. Cleaning ladies are always nice. a few good places to eat in town. Stay away from monster burger, bad food, worse service, over priced

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Arismendez25
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed there this past weekend. We were visiting family in the area and decided a Hotel was the best way to go. The rate we were quoted was honored. In fact, they gave us a choice of a couple different room locations and we got the one in the back so its a little quieter. Room was pleasant. Not sure what the complaints are about the rooms on here. I mean if you need a Heavenly Bed and other crazy amenities, then go stay at the W in Austin and make the commute back and worth! Checked out the next morning and was in and out quickly. Clerk was nice. All in all, a pleasant stay with no issues. If we come back to Cuero, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank S M
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A decent, nice place to stay. Honestly no idea where some of the reviews are coming from. When you stayin Cuero, don't expect the Four Seasons! A good, comfortable, family owned place which can be recommended if you stay in Cuero for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business